This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

You’re not alone if thinking about the election and how it is quickly approaching gives you tremendous anxiety. It’s hard to picture the direction this country is going in, and without being able to discern what is so-called “fake news”, it’s hard to see the truth. Politicians have always been able to mask their true intentions when running for office, but it seems as if it’s gotten worse each election cycle. Once again, we are forced to choose the lesser of two evils and decide for ourselves who is going to be better at bringing this country back together. I won’t try to convince you of either Presidential nominee, but it’s pretty clear who is in the office and where the United States stands right now. 

I have hope that the younger generation will show up in November. Remember, it is not just the President who makes the choices for our country. It is also the Senate and House of Representatives. Make sure you know who you’re voting for in that as well. I have hope that we will get justice for the people who deserve it. That we will be able to come together soon and fix the systems that were made to disadvantage the American people. We have the power to vote for the people who will truly help us, and I urge you to remember that. I know that it is easy to feel powerless right now and to feel as if voting won’t make a difference. But that’s what they want you to think. We as people have the power to change things. The anxiety can be overwhelming, but remember to have hope.

Becca is currently a junior at the College of Charleston pursuing her B.A in Communication.