books on brown wooden shelf
books on brown wooden shelf
Susan Yin/Unsplash

4 Best Coffee Shop Study Spots for your Midterm Stress

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

Well, it’s officially already March, which calls for 2 things: spring break and midterms. Before we can send our minds off to the relaxation of spring break, we have to first tackle the stress of our classes piling on work and tests. In our beautiful little city, it can be hard to get ourselves to the library to get studying. Lucky for us, Charleston has enough adorable and aesthetically pleasing coffee shops that offer free Wi-Fi and give us the perfect spot to unwind and study. Here are my top 4 study spots for your midterm stress:

Mercantile and Mash

Located in the beautiful old Cigar Factor on East Bay Street, Mercantile and Mash is the complete package for great food, a great atmosphere and great coffee. This hidden secret has several seating options with outlets and free Wi-Fi, which provide you with the essentials for an ideal study spot. From breakfast, lunch and dinner, there is a wide variety of food options for you to choose from. One of my favorite spots in Charleston, Mercantile and Mash is a great place for studying that gives you the aesthetics of an old factory, and the comfort of an up and coming coffee spot.    

Black Tap Coffee

One of the best coffee shops in Charleston, Black Tap Coffee is known for their brown sugar lattes and serene atmosphere. Grab a stool and your computer and sit down at this Beaufain Street shop to find a relaxing place to begin grinding for midterms. The library and other places can be distracting, which makes Black Tap Coffee the ideal spot. Their mission is to provide their customers with an almost colorless space to take away the distractions of life and illustrate the quaintness of our city.

The Harbinger

The Harbinger Café is an adorable little place on King Street that provides you with a cozy and comfortable environment while also featuring amazing from-scratch breakfasts and lunches. This café also has outside seating available for the warmer days when you need to study but you also need that sunshine and vitamin D. In addition to their amazing breakfast and lunch options, they also have to-die-for cookies. Give your self a treat for studying for so long!

The Eclectic Café and Vinyl

What could be cooler than studying and sipping coffee while surrounded by old vinyl’s? Eclectic Café and Vinyl is located on Spring Street just blocks away from campus. This vinyl emporium mixes great music selections with the relaxation of a coffee shop. Wi-Fi included, you will find yourself taking a study break and sifting through the amazing vinyl collection while also never wanting to leave.

Whether its midterm stress or life stress, any of these coffee shops will be sure to make you feel a little bit more relaxed and comfortable. Happy Midterms :) 

Photos courtesy of Spoon University, The Harbinger Cafe, Eclectic Cafe, Eater Charleston, and Elite Travel

SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

Samantha is a junior Business Administration major who is also minoring in Arts Management. She is an avid lover of all things travel, fashion and beauty. One of her favorite things to do in her past time is to create fun DIY crafts and watch home improvement shows! Check out her articles and read more into her creative mind.