Finals Week Reminders to Keep you Motivated

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C Mich chapter.

Finals week is here for CMU and if we’re being honest, morale seems to be pretty low all around campus. However, WE ARE ALL LESS THAN A WEEK FROM FINISHING OUT THE SEMESTER. This week is hard, tears are shed, and stress overtakes the campus, but I have some exciting reminders to get you through the panic-filled week and into summer.

You are only days away from seeing your favorite pet.

You can finally start working more hours and making that bank.

You can sleep peacefully without worrying about that paper you haven’t written yet.

You can finally enjoy the sunshine without feeling bad for not studying.

Summer travel plans are approaching.

MUSIC FESTIVALS!

You’ll have time to see some old friends.

The beach days in the sun! (It’s okay to cry when you feel the sand on your toes after this treacherous Winter).

More family time!

A break from all-nighters in the lib.

The well-deserved break you will need from professors.

All the Netflix shows you’ll have time to catch up on.

The bonfires with some good friends.

THE WEATHER!

If you’re like me, you’re probably reading this list saying “Yeah, right!” because you may be working three jobs this summer. Or you may be still taking summer classes or doing an internship.

However, doesn’t summer time just make everything better?

My name is Cassie Malhado and I’m a sophomore at Central Michigan University. Raised in the small town of Imlay City, coming to university has allowed me to expand my comfort zone. Currently, I am studying Journalism: Public Relations Concentration with a minor in Applied Business Communication to do public relations work for a non-profit or corporation after graduation. On campus I am a member of the Honors Program, am a public relations executive for Central Michigan Life, run the social media and belong to the editorial board for the academic journal The Honors Platform, and am a sister of the Delta Zeta chapter of Alpha Chi Omega. I am excited to add events planner for Her Campus on my list of involvements as well! My passions include politics, traveling, and rollerblading with Her Campus Editor-in-Chief, Kara, which I cannot wait to write more about.