This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C Mich chapter.

Moving off campus was an exciting change I made this fall. I knew I’d need to get used to making my own food as well as learning to share kitchen space, but I wasn’t expecting to eat, or make, so much bread. As it turns out, my roommates and I have been having fun using fruit that we didn’t eat to make dessert. So far we’ve had four batches of banana bread, one strawberry lemon bread, and now one zucchini bread.

I wanted to share this fun and simple zucchini recipe in case there are any other off-campus roomies looking for a treat to share.

Ingredients you’ll need for 2 batches:

• 3 cups all-purpose flour

• 1 teaspoon salt

• 1 teaspoon baking soda

• 1 teaspoon baking powder

• 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon

• 3 eggs

• 1 cup vegetable oil

• 2 1/4 cups white sugar

• 3 teaspoons vanilla extract

• 2 cups grated zucchini

Grating the zucchini will be the hardest part, I had to get a little creative with what we had in the kitchen. While, or before, you’re mixing things together, preheat the oven to 325 °F and grease two 8×4 pans (or whatever size you have in the house).

Next, you’ll add all of the dry ingredients and mix them together. Next, in a separate bowl, add and mix the liquid ingredients. Add the dry and liquid ingredients together and mix, preferably with a mixer (or by hand if you don’t have a mixer available). Finally, add the zucchini and mix that in.

Pour the batter into your two pans and pop them into the oven if it’s done preheating. Set a timer for 40-60 minutes and take them out when they look golden on the sides.

Zucchini bread is meant to be moist so just check to make sure the inside is cooked all the way; but, don’t be alarmed if the top looks soft or a little undercooked. As you can see, I poked the top of this bread to make sure it was cooked through.

Image Credit: Julia Lammy​

Let the pans cool and then enjoy! I hope you and your roommates are inspired to cook together and maybe even try a few of your own recipes!

My name is Julia, and I am a junior from Kentwood, MI double majoring in Advertising and Psychology. My other involvements include Study Abroad Ambassadors, Campus Ambassadors, and the Honors Program. I'm excited to expand my skills while working with Her Campus, and I'm hopeful that this chapter will bring a lot of enjoyment to students at CMU. I am so excited to continue as the Advertising Chair for this chapter!