This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C Mich chapter.

As much as I love buying spa treatments and beauty products, it can get expensive. The truth is you don’t have to spend a lot to look great. Save money by using simple home ingredients to create these beauty secrets.  

Chapstick
Lip balm is an awesome moisturizer! It’s great for cuts and scrapes when rubbed on wounds because it reduces redness and irritation. Try it next time you have windburn, razor burn, or before plucking your eyebrows.

You can also use it to create liquid eye shadow and to grease the zipper on your favorite boots to make it zip smoothly!

Chamomile tea bags
Place two chamomile tea bags in warm water, then place in refrigerator to cool. Squeeze excess fluid from tea bags and place over tired eyes for 5 minute to calm puffy eyes.

Toothpaste
Apply a dab of toothpaste a pimple to help dry up the area. Let it completely dry before you go to bed to avoid smudging it off. The toothpaste helps it to disappear.

Vaseline

Use a toothbrush to massage lips. After wiping off dead skin, your lips will be smooth and soft.

Pepto Bismol
When applied like a facial mask for just a few minutes, the thick pink liquid’s will refresh and brighten your skin, leaving you glowing even through a layer of makeup. It also eats away dead skin cells while helping to fight off acne.

Egg Yolk
When combed through your hair, egg yolk brings nutrients adding shine! Wrap your head in Saran Wrap to avoid the mess.

Brown sugar
Mix brown sugar with water to create an organic facial scrub.

Hydrogen-peroxide
Dip a washcloth in peroxide and scrub teeth to remove stains and brighten your smile

Annie is a junior at Central Michigan University from Plymouth, Mi.  She is majoring in Integrative Public Relations with a minor in Leadership.  Annie is an active member in her sorority Phi Sigma Sigma holding numerous positions within the chapter.  She has a love for travel, food and pets and looks forward to an internship abroad Summer 2013.  Annie loves writing for Her Campus and cannot wait to see this chapter grow to be such a great success! :)