This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bucknell chapter.

Senioritis, is that you?

This has been a question I have been asking myself a lot recently. This year, courses seem to have gradually increased in difficulty. With this being my junior year at Bucknell, I am more focused on my intended major since I completed most of the general education requirements needed to graduate within my first two years. This means that, for the most part, the courses based around my major go more in-depth and require a lot more commitment from me now.

Junior year has granted me an abundance of new experiences and skills for which I am the most thankful. Along with that, it has presented me with several challenges both academically and personally. This in-between state of ups and downs is what I like to call “The Junior Year Slump.”

As mentioned, the number of assignments continue to stack on top of each other. It can feel pretty stressful at times. This is especially true in this current season of the semester with midterms peaking around the corner. Whenever I get the chance to take a break from work or studying, I make sure to make the most of that time. Although it may be just a few minutes, it’s crucial for my mind and spirit.

On the personal side of things, there’s a thrill of turning 21 and entering another phase of adulthood during this year. In the academic schedule, spring break commences on my birthday, so I can fully enjoy it without having to worry about schoolwork or going to class. Although turning 21 is very exciting, it can be frightening at the same time. Figuring out how to be an adult is not easy by any means and it will present its own set of challenges.

With this season of growth in college, I’m being faced with the overwhelming process of applying for summer internships. The reality is that I have no idea what I am doing- but when do I ever? I have never been taught how to approach the application process in terms of where I should look to find an internship and having to figure out when to apply. Because of this, it has been something that I keep pushing to the bottom of my to-do list.

If some of these things have been present in your life as well, I write this to assure you that you are not alone. Everything will eventually work itself out. Remember that college is truly a learning experience in more ways than academically. With that being said, you are going to make mistakes. When this happens, acknowledge what isn’t working, adjust, and keep moving forward.

Although this ‘slump’ doesn’t seem to remove itself from the present moment, my eyes are set on the day I get to walk across that stage and grab that diploma I worked so hard for. At that moment, I will be able to recall junior year (and all the stress and struggle that it brought) and be proud of myself for getting through it.

Madi is a senior Markets, Innovation, & Design major from Danville, Pennsylvania who intends to pursue a career in public relations/social media marketing. In her free time, you'll find Madi journaling, watching Gilmore Girls, or creating art in some way.