stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bucknell chapter.

I have always had the WORST bed head. Mix curly hair with moving in your sleep, and you’re bound to have a bad hair day. Every morning I wake up and spend precious time–that would have been used for sleep–on my hair. So here I am buying a silk pillowcase to see if it will keep my curls in place. It’s also supposed to keep moisture in your skin and hair, reduce acne, and regulate body temperature. I mean, I was sold on just having better hair…now I’m really excited.

Initial Thoughts: SO soft! Did I rub it against my face? MAYBE. I honestly feel like a princess; the material is amazing. I can’t wait to see if it will fix my hair.

The Final Results: I am shocked. If you’re wondering if it works, the answer is YES! My hair is so smooth, shiny, and not tangled at all (this is a first). After a few days, I noticed my skin became less red and more even-toned. I LOOK GOOD! After a few more days, no acne popped up (so unusual). The silk on my skin felt cool and kept me sleeping all throughout the night. Now I think it’s appropriate to say I’m in love with a pillow.

This is my hair in the morning BEFORE running my fingers through it:                                         Photo Courtesy Of: Abi Platock

Testing My Old Pillow: I really wanted to make sure I wasn’t just having luck with my skin and hair, so I will be sleeping on my normal cotton pillowcase for a night. Am I sad? Extremely. The first thing I noticed was how hot my head felt on the pillow. The morning after I woke up with my normal tangled hair and a ZIT. I will not be testing this pillowcase further; I am convinced it causes acne and bad hair.

If you have a problem with bed head, acne, or getting hot when you sleep, I think a silk pillowcase will be very beneficial. It’s a super easy way to look better in the mornings and take care of your skin. Silk is recommended by dermatologists and many hair stylists for its smooth, hypoallergenic properties which will keep your skin and hair in tip top shape. My only regret is not using a silk pillow earlier.

Abi Platock

Bucknell '23

Abi is a freshman at Bucknell, majoring in Markets, Innovation, and Design. She’s so excited to write for hercampus with all of the amazing other girls. Abi loves to listen to music, watch The Office, and do yoga.
Isobel Lloyd

Bucknell '21

New York ~ Bucknell