This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bucknell chapter.

You made it! It’s finally the weekend, a time to relax from your schoolwork and hang out with your friends. But with restrictions on campus due to COVID-19, it can be difficult to figure out what to do with all the free time you might have on your hands. Look no further than here, because this is my list of ideas made just for you! Here are 10 things that you can do when you’re bored on campus:

1. Stream a New Movie or Show: There are so many new movies and series coming out on Netflix, Disney+, Hulu, and more.

2. Pump up the Jams:  Listen to some old Taylor Swift and get excited for her re-recorded album Fearless. Don’t forget to save it on your streaming service of choice.

3. Hop down the Hill: With all the snow coming down during this winter season, someone you know is bound to have a sled. And even if you don’t have a real sled there are plenty of ways to DIY one. Grab your friends and take your sled to the closest hill on your campus.

4. Paint a Picture: Here at Bucknell there are several locations on the weekends and afternoons that hand out craft kits. Grab one and let your imagination run wild. You can get them from 7th Street Studio & MakerSpace, at Uptown, or near the Commons.

5. Make a TikTok: This may not be everyone’s first choice, but making a TikTok  is something that can help you occupy some of your free time. Who knows, you may just end up going viral… 

6. Read a Book: Ahhh the joy of reading. Reading a new book may help to open your thoughts to new ideas for fun adventures while also expanding your mind. Here’s a page that may just help you find a new book to read

7. Study: It doesn’t hurt to get those assignments done early.

8. Bake a Sweet Treat: Whether it be something simple like those iconic pillsbury cookies we all love or something like a cake, baking is a fun way to pass your time. Plus, there’s a treat you can share (or not) once you’re all finished.

9. Follow a Fun Makeup Tutorial: There are so many different ways to creatively do your makeup and have fun. Head over to YouTube and try something unique and crazy.

10.  Try an Exercise Video: Head back over to YouTube once again and attempt a new exercise routine. If you want some real nostalgia, I highly recommend testing out this video (It’s full of some classic Disney and Disney Channel songs).

Well, it looks like my list has come to an end and I hope that you found something that peaks your interest. There’s plenty more to do than just these few activities but for now, I’ll leave you to it! 

Olivia is a Computer Science major at Bucknell. Aside from her love of the sciences, she has a strong appreciation for the arts, literature, and writing.
Isobel Lloyd

Bucknell '21

New York ~ Bucknell