Whoa! College Is The Fastest 4 Years of Your Life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

When you are younger, the days and months feel like years. I always remember people telling me that as you get older, the days seem to go by faster. College seems to be no exception to that rule. Entering the first semester of my junior year, I look back and cannot believe that two years have seemingly flown by. 

I have begun to notice how important it is to treasure every year of college and not wish it away. College may be the most challenging and stressful years of your life that you’ve had yet, but I can guarantee that we will all look back and notice that they were some of the most formative years of our lives. 

So laugh and take adventures with your friends, better your mind, and discover all the sides to yourself that you haven’t come to know.

As a college student, the days are packed with classes, homework, extracurriculars, and socializing with friends. A busy schedule makes the days go by so quick! If we were all bored and had empty schedules, I’m certain time would go by a lot slower. 

Each year presents itself differently. Freshman year is all about adjustments. You spend most of the year making friends and adapting to a new environment. Sophomore year is more constant but brings forth more academic challenges. And junior year marks the halfway point when reality sinks in and you realize that graduation is around the corner. The bittersweet senior year marks the end of this whirlwind experience. 

So, no matter what stage of college you are in, it is important to experience it to the fullest. You will only be a freshman in college once. As difficult as the days may be, don’t wish them away.

When you look back, you will remember the days you challenged yourself, discovered something new, and persisted through the difficulties. So keep doing what you’re doing, because college does fly by. 

It is scary to think about, but these four years are the pathway to adulthood. As you move closer to your graduation day, you think more about your next step. So give it your best and savor the lessons and failures of each day.                                                

When a month passes, I look back and always wonder how 30-some-odd days could pass so quickly; I guess that is the reality of life. 

Boy, were they right when they said: “time flies when you’re having fun!”

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Christina Constantine is a Boston University senior studying journalism. She is a New York City native that loves all things fashion, health, and lifestyle related.    
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.