Welcome Class of 2017! Here’s What You Need to Know About BU!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Welcome new Terriers (and new collegiettes)! Everyone here is so excited to welcome you to the class of 2017! If you’re anything like me, you are currently searching the Internet looking for every piece of information about BU because you just want to be here already!

We here at Her Campus BU want to make your life easier, so we’ve compiled all of our best articles about campus life and freshman year for you to explore while you are making your final decision and sending in your deposit. Want more ? Check us out on Facebook and Twitter!

So you’ve sent in your deposit, but now you have to pick where to live! Freshmen can live anywhere on campus (with the exception of Stuvi1 and Stuvi2…you’ll learn what those mean later) but most freshmen either choose Warren Towers, or West. Which is better? Our writers give their opinions, but come here and tell us!

But now you have to represent your school! You could go and grab some great apparel from the Barnes and Noble Bookstore during Open House, but what about other places on the Internet?

So you are almost done with your finals/AP/IB exams and you can practically picture yourself on campus. But what is that first week like? What is all of this FYSOP and SPLASH business? Again, our writers have the answers.

And now the fun begins, you get to go shopping for new clothes (bundle up!) and dorm supplies. Here is what you need to make sure to pack:

One of the greatest things about BU is that it is so big and there are so many resources. But you have to know what they are to take advantage of them!

There is so much more to explore on Her Campus BU, but we think this is enough to get you pretty excited to come be a Terrier. If you want more information on BU check out the Pre-Collegiette guide!

Again, welcome class of 2017! Can’t wait to see you at an Open House or in September!

Photo courtesy of bu.edu and collegeabout.com

Elyssa is a "New Yourker" who has somehow ended up in Boston. She is currently studying journalism at Boston University and is excited to be the Campus Correspondent for the BU branch of Her Campus! She also enjoys theatre, frozen yogurt, and obsessively watching "Dancing with the Stars." When not doing any of above, she can be found quoting "Pirates of the Caribbean."