Style > Beauty

Quarantine Glow Up Season 1: Skincare Recommendations

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

How’s your quarantine life going so far? Messing around with video games? Sleeping in for a good amount of hours? Still busy with managing all the schoolwork? During this special period of time, however, why don’t we take the time to do more self-care, and just pamper ourselves a little? Here are my morning and nighttime skincare recommendations.

Morning Edition:

Chanel Mousse Confort Rich Foaming Cream Cleanser

The most popular skincare product from Chanel doesn’t disappoint me at all! For my skin type, which is a mixed sensitive, I love to use it as the first step of my morning skincare routine. It’s super gentle, and it does a perfect job cleansing my face and leaves it feeling soft and comfortable.

Boscia Charcoal Pore Pudding

As the North America line of Fancl, Boscia continues to be fragrance-free and alcohol-free, which is the best choice for a sensitive skin type. I’ve been doing this cleansing mask every two weeks so that it won’t irritate my skin too much. It deeply cleanses your face and balances the oil secretion. When you wash it off after having it applied for 20 minutes, your skin will feel so refreshed.

Kiehl’s Calendula Toner

My go-to toner! It contains the essence of Calendula, which can effectively control pores and fade acne marks. Given its multiple functions and reasonable price, it’s has been on my list of must-haves for a long time.

Origins Mega-Mushroom Relief & Resilience Soothing Treatment Lotion

Sometimes I’ll switch over to this lotion instead of Kiehl’s. It’s more focused on soothing and relieving the sensitive skin. When I occasionally have some breakouts here and there, it’s very helpful in terms of diminishing the inflammation.

Nighttime Edition:

Belif The True Cream – Aqua Bomb

It’s been truly a pleasure using it as my facial cream for the past winter. When the weather gets brutal, all you want to do is simply replenish your skin. It’s clear and lightweight but definitely moisturizes your skin in a long-lasting manner.

First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Instant Oatmeal Mask

For face masks, I’ve been in love with this affordable yet amazing cream mask. It comes with a strong aroma and lifelike texture of oatmeal that makes you just want to lick your face after applying it. It instantly refines your skin after a long day of studying.

Shiseido White Lucent Power Brightening Mask

I seldom use sheet masks but this one has been my favorite so far. The extracted essence can penetrate your skin pretty quickly and improve its antioxidant ability so that your face will look glossier.

Origins Ginzing Eye Cream

We all have times when we stay up very late and have to get up for a morning class, so a reliable eye cream like this is necessary to brighten your dark circles and depuff your under eyes.

A little indulgence in the form of a daily self-care/skincare routine can do wonders for your mood! Want to be a naturally glowing beauty? Take this time to glow up during quarantine!

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Zhilan is a current sophomore at Boston University. Being an extroverted introvert, she loves to cook healthy food, explore aesthetic coffee shops, and read mysteries.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.