photo of corn field
photo of corn field
Aaron Burden/Unsplash

Oreo Chunk Cookies – A Delicious Holiday Treat

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Last April, as grad party season was in full swing, I quickly grew tired of the simple sprinkle cookies and store-bought vanilla cupcakes most people were serving up. That was until one party where my friend (Hi, Sarah!) had made Oreo chunk cookies.

To an unsuspecting passerby, they looked like chocolate chip cookies, but these cookies were so much more. They combined the sweet flavor of sugar cookies with the crunch of chocolate chunk cookies and the signature taste of Oreos. Despite orders not to eat dessert yet, within the first ten minutes of the party, I had quickly consumed three cookies, and I then spent ten more minutes tracking down Sarah to get the recipe.

She sent me the link to the original recipe by Sabrine Snyder on the dinnerthendessert website and told me the modifications she’d made. A week later, I made them for another friend’s graduation party, and they were an instant hit. Since then, I’ve continued to make my own adjustments to the recipe, and the cookies have been a fan-favorite at every party I’ve brought them to.

This Thanksgiving, as I headed home for the first time in nearly three months, I was so excited to get to bake once again. I don’t really like to cook, so it’s become my duty to make desserts for every holiday get-together with family and friends. I made Oreo Chunk Cookies the night before Thanksgiving, and once again they were the first thing gone from our dinner table.

Photo Credit: Grace Sullivan

So, without further ado, here is the dinnerthendessert website’s recipe for about 2 dozen Oreo Chunk Cookies, with a few adjustments by me.

Ingredients:

2 cups all-purpose flour 

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon salt 

1 cup softened butter 

1 cup packed brown sugar 

1/2 cup white sugar 

1 tablespoon vanilla extract 

2 eggs

14 quartered Oreos

Instructions:

1. Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt, then set aside. 

2. In a medium bowl, mix together the softened butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended.

3. Beat in the vanilla and eggs until light and creamy.

4. Mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended. Stir in the oreo chunks.

5. Refrigerate dough for 1 hour.

6. Preheat oven to 350°. 

7. Drop cookie dough, 1 tablespoon at a time, onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper.

8. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the edges are lightly toasted.

9. Cool and enjoy!

Now, you can make, eat, and love Oreo Chunk Cookies, too!

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Originally from Nashville, TN, Grace is a senior at Boston University double majoring in media science and economics with minors in international relations and French. When she's not writing and editing for HCBU, she can be found curating Spotify playlists, taking hot girl walks to Brookline Booksmith, and perfecting her snickerdoodle recipe.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.