New Year, Same Girl? 5 Realistic 2019 Resolutions

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

As we move into the second month of 2019, many of us have already begun losing track of those well-intentioned resolutions we created 30-some odd days ago. Well, luckily for us, it isn’t too late to create some realistic and viable 2019 resolutions. Contrary to popular belief, resolutions don’t always have to be as tangible as working out more or eating healthy. Girl to girl, here are 5 realistic resolutions we should all set for ourselves. 

1. Be positive.

If negativity is something that pulled you down in 2018, let’s get rid of it! A positive mindset and attitude are something we could all use a little more of. This year, let’s be positive in our thoughts, words, and actions! 

2. Appreciate the little things.

Amidst our day-to-day routines, we tend to get wrapped up in our to-do’s and the obstacles we may face. Sometimes, it’s important to stop and appreciate the little things in life–as cliché as that may sound–like the warmth of your morning coffee and the contagious laughter you share with a best friend. This year, let’s stop dwelling on the past and the unknown and make it a point to live in the present. 

3. Support your friends and family.

Needless to say, the people we surround ourselves with are a large part of who we are and how we feel. Among busy days, weeks, and months, we forget to remind these individuals how much they mean to us and the impact they have on our lives. This year, let’s support and cherish the people that liven our spirit and soul. 

4. Challenge yourself.

Maybe we stayed in our comfort zone in 2018. Maybe we feared failure and disappointment. This year, let’s fearlessly go after what we want and put our potential to the test. You really just need to go for it sometimes because even failure can teach you lessons. Don’t shy away from the things you want, run at them head first!

5. Take care of yourself.

In order for all of these things to be possible, you have to take care of yourself! Nourish your mind with a good book, sustain your body by drinking water and eating healthy, and feed your soul by pursuing a passion. This year, let’s put ourselves first and make practicing self-care a real priority.

This year, lets set realistic personal goals and not get down on ourselves if we don’t achieve them. Hey 2019, new year’s resolutions don’t always have to be on New Year’s…

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Christina Constantine is a Boston University senior studying journalism. She is a New York City native that loves all things fashion, health, and lifestyle related.    
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.