Meet Your New Favorite Foodie Instagrammer—Armani Jain

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Rising in followers every day, twenty-four-year-old Armani Jain is not your typical Instagrammer. Her content is comprised of beautiful, colorful plates covered in healthy foods. However, Jain’s Instagram page is not only about the aesthetic—it is also a platform for her to document her journey with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS).

? REAL TALK (now that I’m feeling better, and can kick off my goals in full force)? Going into 2019 I didn’t kick off a particular diet, but more so a sustainable diet ? they say good things don’t happen overnight, and they are absolutely right. For so many years I’ve tried every diet in the book, and nothing has worked. Not because there was something wrong with diet, but because it didn’t work with me ??‍♀️ I was looking for a quick fix, not necessarily a healthy one. This year I’m dedicating myself to building a healthy relationship with food. Ideally I’d like to be eating primarily paleo but if I make meals here and there that aren’t 100% but are still ‘healthy’ that is ? okay. I want to get to a point where it comes naturally to eating minimal processed foods, saying no to sweet treats & cheesy things, and not over eating when it’s a cheat meal. I want to get to a place where it’s not a quick fix but a lifestyle. It took awhile for me to realize this journey isn’t a quick fix but a long time of dedication and discipline. What’s your relationship with food? • Brekkie dEATs: @bilinskisausage (Italian w/ bell peppers & onions), scrambled eggs in ghee topped with chili flakes, cheezy asparagus (seasoned with @traderjoes nutritional yeast and garlic), cukes, & purple radish ? • • • • • • • • • • #pcosgirl #pcos #pcosweightloss #pcosdiet #pcosawareness #hormones #paleo #paleodiet #paleobased #paleoish #lchf #lchfdiet #keto #ketodiet #lazyketo #cleaneats #cleaneating #healthylifestyle #breakfast #brekkie #healthybreakfast #weightlossjourney #brunch #feedfeed #f52grams #foodiegram #ketogram #healthyeats #healthyeating #cysters

A post shared by PCOS Girl ? (@pcosgirl_) on

In 2017, Jain created her account @pcosgirl_ to hold herself accountable. “I wanted to kick off my health journey and heal my PCOS, but I felt so alone in my journey that I kept stopping and starting again,” she said.

Two years and nearly 2,000 followers later, Jain’s Instagram page has become more than a collection of recipes. “My account has grown into a platform where I can connect with other cysters (women with PCOS) and share my journey,” she said.

“I’ve met so many women who are there to cheer me on when I’m thriving, support me when I fall off the bandwagon, and to share tips with me,” Jain said. “It has helped me feel less isolated and alone, as all these women are going through what I’m going through, and we’ve created a community of healing together. It’s something special I never thought existed.”

When brekkie is your favorite meal of the day, that you wake up early enough to make it ? this past week I haven’t been as hungry as usual, which is probably my body adjusting to Keto ☝? the first few days I literally wanted to eat everything in sight and now my appetite has been super small, which is unusual for me. Lil hack I learned for me is to eat something sweet in the morning and my cravings are way less. I’ve been making my fave n’oatmeal or having a dark choco square with peanut butter or coconut oil and sea salt and that does the trick ✨ • • • • • • • • • #pcosgirl #pcos #pcosweightloss #pcosdiet #pcosawareness #pcosketo #ketodiet #keto #ketoweightloss #ketogenic #ketobreakfast #ketogram #ketosis #ketogenic #lchf #lchfdiet #dairyfree #collagen #healthyalternative #cleaneats #healthylifestyle #breakfast #weightlossjourney #yummy #feedfeed #f52grams #huffposttaste #ketofoodie #foodiesofinstagram

Jain’s posts share insight on her own experiences, list the ingredients of her recipes and advocate for holistic self-care. According to Jain, the positive messages she promotes are not only beneficial to her audience, but also impactful in her own life.

“I don’t feel like I’m going through PCOS alone. The journey isn’t quick or easy, but what matters is that I’ve made a lot of strides farther than where I was before,” Jain said. “I like reminding people that though the journey is hard, it’s worth it.”

When it comes to cooking, Jain said her favorite meal to make is breakfast, or what she dubs “brekkie” in her captions. “People assume you have to be a chef to eat good food when half the time, it only takes a few ingredients and an extra few minutes to make it feel like you’re eating out,” Jain said. “I think there is beauty in making simple foods taste absolutely delicious.”

View this post on Instagram

First day of Keto was a breeze ? I was a little bit nervous since I’ve been carb overloading for the past few weeks, but it wasn’t as bad as I thought. That being said it’s only day one ☝?so I’m sure the Keto flu will hit me soon. I’ve been noticing my cravings are always for choco or something crunchy, so on a mission to find all the keto alternatives to my favorite treats. One of the biggest hurdles to climb will be portion control, last time I did keto I was so hungry for the first week or so, is this normal? I wanted to eat everything in sight and was terrible at portion control. Give me your tips Keto fam! • Brekkie dEATs: 2 @vitalfarms eggs fried in ghee and topped with chili peppers and nutritional yeast, spicy chicken sausage, sautéed kale in MCT oil and Himalayan sea salt, and ofc avocado topped with @traderjoes everything but bagel seasoning. • • • • • • • • • • #pcosgirl #pcos #pcosweightloss #pcosdiet #pcosawareness #lchf #lchfdiet #hormones #ketogenic #ketogenicdiet #keto #ketodiet #ketobreakfast #ketogram #eggs #breakfast #healingwithfood #weightlossjourney #vitalfarms #cleaneatingmag #ketofoodie #feedfeed #f52grams #huffposttaste #buzzfeast #healthylifestyle #cleaneats

But, the inspiration and influence of Jain’s posts reach places beyond the kitchen and the dining table. Her kind words, dedication to her work and authenticity with her audience make her foodie page special, and her message even more powerful.

“If you feel isolated, you might have just not looked in the right places,” Jain said. “Finding a way for you to form a community is really special, and being the go-to friend for other individuals is a great reminder that you’re making strides.”

Armani Jain’s journey to heal her PCOS naturally is inspiring to all, and her Instagram presence is emblematic of that. To learn more about Armani, follow her on IG at @pcosgirl_.

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterestboard, and read our latest Tweets!

Neha is a freshman at Boston University. She enjoys running, reading, crafting and encountering cute dogs.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.