How to Make Use of Your Thanksgiving Leftovers

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Thanksgiving: a day to give thanks and get stuffed. But after all of that eating, what are you supposed to do with your inevitable mountain of leftovers? Lucky for you, the Thanksgiving menu tastes just as good cold as it did the day before. Here are a few ideas to spruce up your day-old turkey and make it something new and exciting for your mouth to be happy about.

Thanksgiving Nachos

What’s better than turkey and stuffing? Turkey and stuffing covered in cheese, a drizzle of gravy, and a dollop of sour cream, all on top of some crispy tortilla chips.

Turkey Salad Sandwich 

Before your rolls get stale, simply mix up your leftover turkey with some mayonnaise, salt, and pepper, and you’ve got a delicious sandwich. Ta-da!

Thanksgiving Casserole

Just throw it all in. Yep, everything: mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, green beans. The whole shebang… unless you are one of those people who doesn’t like their food to touch.

Turkey and Stuffing Thanksgiving Tacos

The role of these tacos is getting rid of your leftovers while tasting absolutely delicious. You can get your favorite Thanksgiving classics all in one bite!

Fried Mashed Potato Bites

As if mashed potatoes weren’t delicious enough, what if they were rolled up in a bite-size ball with cheese and bacon and then fried? Sounds like a great idea to me.

While we tend to get lost in the sauce, Thanksgiving is a day all about appreciating what we have. Make use of those delicious family-size dishes and don’t let a bite go to waste!

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Emma is an English major at Boston University. She hopes to have a novel published and write for a sketch comedy show one day. In her free time she reads, writes, and paints. She loves to make people laugh and fully believes in aliens.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.