How to Make Sunday the Best Day of Your Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

By Masha Komissarova 

Do you dread Sunday? Do you rush through it by catching up on the work you didn’t do on Friday and Saturday? Do you hurry and do your laundry, try to fit in a workout, hang out with friends, and before you know it your Sunday is over? If that sounds familiar, I want to show you my foolproof system of making Sunday the best day of the week.

Here’s what my Sunday looks like during college:

First, I don’t set an alarm clock. Monday through Saturday I wake up at 6:30am, but on Sunday I sleep in ’till whatever time I want. This is a perfect detox for your body. Once a week, a good sleep is essential.

When I wake up, I wash my face and apply a face mask. I don’t have time to do any masks during the week or on Friday and Saturday, so on Sunday morning I do my favorite face mask. While I have my face mask on, I write out my to-do list for the day. Because I like to get my homework done on Friday night and do laundry on Saturday, I take Sunday to completely relax. My to-do list for the day usually consists mostly of cleaning my room (wiping the dust off things that has been gathering during the week, cleaning my desk, etc). Depending on my mood I either eat brunch at 12pm or go to a cute coffee shop in the early morning for a bite to eat. I DO NOT go onto any social media before breakfast or brunch. 

Photo Credit Pinterest 

After breakfast, I finish up any homework I have left. That usually involves reviewing Spanish and reading books. I also (sometimes) go shopping. If I’ve gotten a good grade that I worked really hard towards, I like to reward myself with something little. 

Then, I end the day with gym – a good, long workout. I like to take Sunday slowly and re-energize for the following week.

Pro Tip: Instead of going out on Friday night to a party, my preference is to try to get work done on Friday night and finish up Saturday. Then, you can take the day for yourself on Sunday and, little by little, do your favorite activities.  

That’s it! Hopefully I’ve given you some ideas on how to spend your Sunday. Bye!!

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.