How to Easily Make your Thanksgiving Vegan

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

This Thanksgiving is my first year as a full-blown vegan eater and I feel like I have been dreading it since summer. Thanksgiving in the past has been my favorite holiday but the internal dread of not having anything to eat is making it more stressful than ever. But I have decided that instead of stressing about it, I am going to come up with my own solutions and make vegan food that everyone in my family will enjoy! Here are my top five vegan foods that I will be making and bringing to Thanksgiving this year so that food is available for everyone, including myself!

Vegan Gravy

Gravy isn’t something that I personally love to eat on Thanksgiving, but it is my sister’s favorite. So when searching for a recipe for her, I looked for the best one with her approval.

Vegan Stuffing

This is another thing I don’t personally love, but every year my family has a stuffing competition. This year I’m going to enter with a vegan stuffing!

Vegan Garlic Mashed Potatoes

Mashed potatoes are hands down my most favorite Thanksgiving food. I could seriously eat them by the plateful. Not to mention, having them be vegan is even better for my stomach.

Vegan Cornbread

My girlfriend has been begging me to make her vegan cornbread for some months now. When looking for vegan Thanksgiving food, this popped out at me to make for her!

Vegan Pumpkin Pie

Last but not least, you can’t have a Thanksgiving without pumpkin pie! This recipe looks so yummy and will definitely be added to our dessert table at my Thanksgiving.

Vegan Thanksgiving doesn’t have to suck or even just be for people who are vegan! My whole family and I are excited to celebrate this year with a wide variety of foods to go around.

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Emma is a junior at Boston University majoring in English and minoring in Women and Gender Studies, in the College of Arts and Sciences. When not in class you can find the New York native writing/reading with a chai in hand.