Girl Reading A Book In Bed
Girl Reading A Book In Bed
Breanna Coon / Her Campus

Off-the-Grid Quarantine Ideas To Try

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Between staring at Zoom all day for classes and FaceTiming all of our friends to make up for lost social interactions, it’s easy to feel like we’re living our entire lives behind screens nowadays. If your eyes are starting to hurt and you’ve been lying in the same position on the couch every day, here are some ideas for you:

Bake and cook!

Bake or cook something. Actually make the cannoli cupcakes from that Tasty video you watched years ago, or try that really intricate Milk Bar birthday cake.

Spend Time with Loved Ones

Make the time you’re spending with your family, roommates, or whoever else you’re quarantined with count. Stay up all night talking about the world. You’ll probably never spend this much time with them again.

Try Something New

Learn a new instrument. If you don’t have one, then try writing a song. Now is the time to unleash your creative potential.

Write

Keep a diary of what happens every day so you can remember years down the line what this was like (and what to selectively share with your kids). Or try keeping a dream journal.

Read

Read the longest book you can find. I’m considering actually trying to finish War and Peace again. We’ll see how that goes…

Practice Self-Care

Practice self-care. Work out, do a spa night, or preferably both. If you’re really bored, try making your own bath bombs.

Look Up at the Stars

If you live in a somewhat rural area, try stargazing. Make sure you’re six feet away from any other stargazers, grab some binoculars, and stop to watch the stars.

Remember that the more careful we are, the better chance we have of this ending sooner. Stay safe!

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Olivia is a sophomore in the College of Arts and Sciences studying marine science. She loves the ocean and summer more than anything and wants to live somewhere warmer one day even though she's spent her whole life in Massachusetts. She also likes music, night runs, and writing pointless things.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.