Easy Holiday Recipe Idea: Chocolate Holiday Bark

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

There’s a lot to look forward to during the holiday season: decorations, spending time with family, and of course, presents. But one of my favorite parts of the holidays is baking. While cookies are the most popular treat to bake, I always love to try something new. This year, I made chocolate bark, which was both delicious and quick to make. Follow this recipe if you want an easy and new holiday treat this season!

Ingredients:

• 21 ounces of white, milk or dark chocolate. I used semi-sweet chocolate chips for this recipe, but chocolate bars will also work.
  • Toppings. For my bark, I used mini marshmallows and sprinkles, but you can use whatever you want. Some popular toppings are candy canes, Oreos, and other small candies.

You Will Also Need:

• Aluminum foil or parchment paper
  • A saucepan
  • A heatproof bowl
  • A baking sheet
  • A rubber spatula

Directions:

First, take the chocolate and put it in a heatproof bowl. Next, take a saucepan and fill it with about an inch of water to boil. Put the bowl of chocolate over the water to double boil and then stir.

Remove the chocolate from the heat and continue to stir. If you want to have your candy toppings mixed into the bark, stir them in as well.

Next, line the baking sheet with either aluminum foil or parchment paper. Pour the chocolate onto the baking sheet and evenly spread it out with the spatula.

Decide which toppings you want to add on top of your bark and place/sprinkle them on.

For about two hours, set aside the bark at room temperature until it is cooled. When ready, remove the foil or parchment paper and break the chocolate into pieces. Store extras in a container for up to two weeks.

It’s really that easy! So if you’re looking for a quick and delicious holiday treat, try this holiday bark that all of your family and friends will enjoy!

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Callie is double majoring in English and Cinema and Media Studies at Boston University. Outside of writing for HerCampus, her interests include watching movies, reading, skiing, and beauty. She is a Boston native. 
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.