samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

6 Student Discounts You Should Definitely Be Taking Advantage Of

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

We’re all living through the struggle of being broke college students. Or maybe you’re not quite broke yet, but you’re trying to budget and save as much as possible to reconcile for all the brunch dates you’ve gone on. No matter what the situation is, we can all appreciate a good student discount — with such expensive tuition, it seems only fair that students should get a break on spending every once in a while. But it’s so hard to keep track of what stores and websites offer the best deals, so we’ve rounded up some of the best and most useful offers for you to take advantage of!

1. Movie Theaters

Regal Cinemas, Cinemark, and AMC Theaters all offer student discounts. This pricing varies by location, so be sure to ask your local Cinemark or AMC Theater if they have student pricing. Regal Cinemas has a full list of their theaters that offer student discounts here, so be sure to keep that in mind next time you take a break for a movie night!

2. Clothing Stores

Tons of clothing stores offer student discounts. Forever 21, Madewell, and PacSun are a few of my favorites that will give you 10% off on your purchase. At PacSun, be sure to verify your student status with UNiDAYS before you shop ‘til you drop. And don’t forget, it never hurts to ask any retailer if they offer a student discount!

3. Spotify (with Hulu and SHOWTIME)

This is possibly the most coveted student discount available to college students. I know when I was in high school I looked forward to signing up for this great deal as soon as I got my university email address. You can get Spotify Premium, Hulu, and SHOWTIME for only $4.99 a month. And if you take advantage of this deal, be sure to check out Her Campus BU on Spotify!

4. PBteen

Dorm shopping can be a lot of fun if you love decorating your room, but it’s also hella expensive. Fortunately, PBteen gives students 15% off their purchase online or in the store. Bring your student ID while shopping or use your .edu email address when shopping online to get a discount on all of your dorm shopping needs.

5. Adobe Creative Cloud

Some schools offer the Adobe Creative Cloud apps to their students for free, so be sure to check your university’s subscriptions before purchasing. If your school doesn’t, you don’t have to worry! Adobe offers over 60% off on their Creative Cloud apps for college students. Whether you need these programs for class or if you’ve always wanted to learn how to use Photoshop, this is a great deal to take advantage of.

6. Amazon Prime

Amazon Prime for students offers a 6 month free trial, and after that Prime will cost $59 a year instead of the usual $99 a year. If you often need packages shipped quickly, this is a very convenient service to have because you’ll get free two-day shipping. You’ll also get access to Prime Video, so you can finally watch The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and understand the hype (it’s totally worth it).

Next time you’re on a shopping spree or just picking up a few necessities, don’t forget to check for student discounts and take advantage of the power of your college ID!

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Morgan is a senior at Boston University studying public relations with minors in art history and political science. She loves fall, cafés, and exploring Boston. She is a frequent art museum goer and an ardent Bruins fan. Besides writing, Morgan's hobbies include curating Spotify playlists, cheering on the BU Terriers at hockey games, and exploring independent bookstores.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.