5 Positive Instagram Accounts to Distract You from What’s Going on Outside

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Staying at home can be relaxing. But with a growing pandemic outside that isn’t showing signs of stopping, anxiety is at an all-time high. Wash your hands, get some sleep, and kill some time by scrolling through these uplifting Instagram pages.

@goodnewsnetwork

An absolute must! They highlight the news that isn’t necessarily pressing, but definitely needed! Give ‘em a follow to boost your faith in humanity and to put a smile on your face!

@acoustictrench

Okay, this guy plays extremely calming music on his guitar while his wonderful dog (who you can follow here) sits and listens (and sometimes plays along!). Do I even need to convince you?

@healthy_ish

Healthyish is a sub-project of Bon Appetit, and right now they’re focusing on calming, comforting, and nourishing foods to curb a bit of anxiety. Their photos are to die for and make me feel not so bad about staying in.

@humansofny

This one’s a classic. Uplifting and interesting stories to take you out of your house and into the world! If you don’t follow them yet (which you probably do), hop on the trend! And if you do, maybe spend some time re-reading some older posts.

@farmsanctuary

Just a bunch of adorable rescued animals to put a smile on your face. That’s the whole thing. It’s lovely.

Look, you have to pay attention to the news. You have to stay aware, and you have to stay informed—it’s not a choice. However, you can choose to stay positive in the face of trying times. Surround yourself with as many positive people and things as humanly possible.

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Freshman from Milwaukee, Wisconsin studying Journalism. Passionate about animal rights, food, current events, comedy, and (of course) writing!
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.