Style > Beauty

The 5 Best Skincare Products to Fade Hyperpigmentation

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

In the winter, your skin tends to dry out and look red, especially around the nose. The wind and cold air can be harsh on the skin, so we need to seal moisture into the skin in order to keep it healthy. Using too many products can exacerbate redness and irritation, therefore a minimalistic skincare routine is definitely the way to go! These are some of the products that have helped my sensitive skin the most.

The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

Niacinamide gently fades acne marks and reduces congestion. I have sensitive skin, and this product definitely evened out my skin tone without making my skin feel dry or tight.

Skinceuticals Discoloration Defense

This product is a bit pricey, but it is so worth it. While niacinamide will fade discoloration within weeks to a few months, this fades them within a single week.

Aloe Vera

Aloe vera is very soothing and anti-inflammatory, which can help lessen redness that is associated with hyperpigmentation.

Fresh Soy Face Cleanser

This cleanser leaves my skin feeling clean yet hydrated. It doesn’t feel like it is stripping my face of moisture as many cleansers do. Maintaining the skin’s pH level and moisture balance is essential for an even skin tone.

CeraVe Skin Renewing Night Cream

This night cream really feels like it locks all the moisture into the skin. I recommend putting it on before you go to sleep, and when you wake up your skin will feel so hydrated.

Now, you are on your way to even and glowing skin!

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Marena is a sophomore at Boston University studying psychology and journalism. Outside of HCBU, her interests include creative writing, singing, and adventure! Find her on Instagram @marenamosher
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.