4 Bloggers that are Good for the Soul

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

There are hundreds of Internet Influencers on all forms of social media, from blogs to Instagram to YouTube. We’ve all had that feeling of scrolling past perfect person after perfect person doing aesthetically pleasing activities wearing trendy clothes, all filtered to fit their page’s theme. Sometimes you just want someone a little different, a little more authentic. So here are four internet influencers whose content will make you feel better, not inferior.

The Messy Heads

This blog will inspire you, make you think, and most of all, leave you wanting more. It covers a wide range of topics including poetry, social justice op-eds, music, feminism, personal style, photography, veganism, and mental health. It’s not afraid to push the boundaries our society has constructed but does so in a thoughtful and purposeful way. So what is a messy head? The blog describes (because they can’t be defined) them as one that “[isn’t} perfect, and will never have to be, in fact, they don’t care about being perfect at all, they would rather be beautiful on the inside, not the outside.”

Created by Emma Mercury, the blog has grown to include a quarterly magazine, The Messy Issue, of which the second edition is currently in the works. Emma is active on both her personal and blog social media accounts, all of which you need to check out!

Find The Messy Heads: on Instagram @themessyheads , on Twitter @TheMessyHeads Find Emma: on Instagram @emmercury , on Twitter @emmercury

Cartia Mallan

This self-described coconut girl from Byron Bay, Australia began her YouTube career making beauty and fashion videos. While she has continued these, her channel has matured to include creatively and beautifully edited vlogs and honest chats. She’s not afraid to discuss sexism, feminism, vulnerability, and more, never pretending to be an expert. She’s here to grow and learn alongside her viewers, all why keeping a positive outlook on life.

Find Cartia: on YouTube @ Cartia Mallan , on Instagram @cartiamallan , on Twitter @CartiaMallan

Meghan Hughes

With a mantra like “Stay Smilin’,’” you can tell what makes YouTuber Meghan Hughes so special. Her channel radiates positivity, from her Big Sis Advice videos to her favorite color, yellow. In addition, her and fellow vlogger sister, Lindsey Hughes, have a podcast, Souls at Sundown, where they openly discuss spirituality, music, and anything else that inspires them. In a world filled with so much negativity, her infectious smile is truly good to see. 

Find Meghan: on YouTube @ Meghan Hughes , on Instagram @missmeghanmakeup , on Twitter @MsMeghanMakeup 

Rochelle Fox

For more very necessary positive vibes, look to Rochelle Fox. She’s a meditation teacher (if you’re into that – or have always wanted to try!), but beyond that she believes in positivity. This shines through in her creative vlogs following her and her partner’s exciting life.

Find Rochelle: on Youtube @ Rochelle Fox , on Instagram @rochelle_fox , on Twitter @Rochelle_Fox

Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.