This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Making Christmas cookies is one of everyone’s favorite parts of the holiday season. Personally, I have a passion for saving countless dessert recipes that I never intend on making to my “Christmas” board on Pinterest. Here are a couple dessert recipes that I thought I’d share in case anyone needs inspiration for their after Christmas dinner treats or a recipe to tackle during study break.

1. Basket Weave Mitten Sugar Cookies

Sugar cookies are one of the best kinds of Christmas desserts, and this recipe makes them a little more interesting. They’re perfect for cozying up by the fire while waiting for Santa to arrive.

2. Rudolph Peanut Butter Cookies

I actually made cookies similar to these when I was younger, and they were not only cute and yummy but also so fun to make! They’re especially great for if you have a bunch of Rudolph-loving kids in your family.

3. Christmas Light Cupcakes

These cupcakes are great because they’re so easy to make merry! You barely even need a recipe. Just ice a cupcake with vanilla frosting, swirl black icing on top, and finish it off with M&Ms!

4. Gingerbread Oreo Cookie Balls

Shake up your gingerbread cookies and make these instead! Who doesn’t love a good Oreo ball?

5. Melted Snowman Chocolate Bark

This bark is just adorable! It’s definitely not a typical holiday dessert. And they don’t even have to be for Christmas! Make it at any point in the winter when you need a treat!

6. Grinch Cookies

Bake these fun cookies as a tribute to the Grinch, one of the greatest character transformations in book and movie history. Their creativity is sure to impress your friends and family!

7. Christmas Tree Brownies

Brownies are an amazing dessert and this recipe makes them more festive and appropriate for Christmas!

8. Reese’s Stuffed Snowballs

Here’s another dessert that’s great for any point in winter. Just avoid getting into a snowball/food fight with these little treats!

9. Oreo Ornaments

Put a jolly twist on these classic cookie sandwiches! They’re such a cute dessert and you can get creative and decorate them however you wish!

10. Christmas Swirl Sugar Cookies

Baking these will definitely swirl up a good time! These cool sugar cookies are sure to please people of all ages.

I hope these new recipes inspire your Christmas desserts this year and add a little more fun to the holiday. As a tip for using online recipes, always check the comments for suggested modifications to the recipe before you start to make it. Happy holidays and happy baking!

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Alexandra Kallfelz is a senior studying journalism at Boston University. Besides writing, Alexandra's passions include color guard, travel, Netflix, music, and Disney. She is a pure-blood New Englander and a dog fanatic.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.