books on brown wooden shelf
books on brown wooden shelf
Susan Yin/Unsplash

5 Ways to Handle Stress During Finals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryn Mawr chapter.

It’s finally that time again: the spring semester is coming to an end. That means everyone is running around (or rather, hiding in their room or the library) and working on everything that they have to get done before the last day of the semester hits. Here are my best tips on how to handle your stress towards the end of the semester:

Photo courtesy of Unsplash

1. Take a break

Simple, I know, but not everyone does this. You’re not going to do your best work if you do everything at once, whether it’s writing a paper or studying for an exam. You need to take a deep breath and do something unrelated to whatever you’re doing at that moment.

2. Go to bed at a good time

Like I said above, you can’t get everything done in one moment. If you don’t know something by 12 a.m., you probably won’t be able to learn it by 4 a.m. to pass your exam. Your body needs to rest, and you’ll feel a lot better if you sleep.

3. Eat well and hydrate

Taking care of your body is the most important thing, no matter what time of the year it is. Remember to eat and drink enough water, because without it, you’ll shut down.

4. Talk to those you love

Usually, your friends and family will understand what you’re going through. Talk to them about how you’re feeling, what’s stressing you out and what you plan on doing after the semester is over.

5. Plan a trip

Try to plan something fun to do once you get out of school. It’ll give you something to look forward to and something to work towards.

Remember, this period of time is not the end of your life. You’ve worked hard all semester, and you will make it through. And always remember, DONE IS GOOD!

Emma Regan

Bryn Mawr '20

Emma is a junior and originally from South Plainfield, NJ. She is an English major at Bryn Mawr and hopes to one day become a librarian. She is the Archivist of Mujeres* at Bryn Mawr, works as a supervisor at the dining hall and circulation desk at the library, and loves to read, listen to music, and hike.  
Audrey Lin

Bryn Mawr

Computer Science and Linguistics double major at Bryn Mawr College. Lover of bubble tea and anything matcha.