10 Drake Lyrics to Get You Through a Breakup

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

Recently gone through a breakup? It happens to the best of us, collegiettes. Let your feels get the best of you by listening to these Drake songs, and letting these lyrics help get you through:

1. “But you can’t just diss and come tell me ‘sorry’. You can’t listen to me talk and go tell my story. Nah, it don’t work like that when you love somebody.” – “Controlla”

2. “My friends always feel the need to tell me things…seems like they’re just happier than us these days. Yeah, these days I don’t know how to talk to you. I don’t know how to be there when you need me. It feels like the only time you see me is when you turn your head to the side and look at me differently.” – “Too Good”

3. “I had to let go of us to show myself what I could do, and that just didn’t sit right with you…and now you’re trying to make me feel a way, on purpose. Now you’re throwing it back in my face, on purpose. Now you’re talking down on my name, on purpose…and you don’t feel no way, you think I deserve it.” – “Feel No Ways”

4. “I’m too good to you. I’m way too good to you. You take my love for granted. I just don’t understand it.” – “Too Good”

5. “I always saw you for what you could’ve been..and even when it’s business with you it’s personal again. I knew you before you made ends meet, now we’re meeting our ends.” – “Keep the Family Close”

6. “But I need someone different, you know it, we both know it, something’s been missing.” – “Doing it Wrong”

7. “It’s over, yeah it’s over, yeah I’m leavin’, I’m gone. I can’t stay here no more, and I can’t sleep on the floor. Man, I’m leavin’, I’m leavin’, you know I got my reasons.” – “Now and Forever”

8. “Hand down, I’m too proud for love.” – “Little Bit”

9. “Can’t you see that I made it? Yeah I made it. First I made you who you are, then I made it.” – “Shot for Me”

10. “Summer is over, simple and plain…found me some fun that’s good for the pain. Already told you, I don’t feel the same.” – “Summers Over Interlude”

Boston-based twenty-something who's a self-proclaimed Bloody Mary connoisseur and Billy Joel karaoke aficionado.