My 5 Favorite Trader Joe’s Items That Scream Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brown chapter.

While fall doesn’t officially start until September 23rd, fan-favorite grocery store Trader Joe’s has already begun rolling out some of its famed fall products. Trader Joe’s is a great option for Brown students because of its convenient location and relatively inexpensive prices. This year, I have gone on a reduced meal plan and have been preparing Trader Joe’s food for about 90% of my meals. It is a great change from the Ratty! These are my favorite Trader Joe’s items for fall:

Pumpkin Overnight Oats

I am a huge fan of overnight oats, and I love these ones with a fall twist. Overnight oats are a great option for breakfast because they are dense in protein and easy to prepare or take on the go. This prepackaged option is a great choice because you can simply grab it and enjoy the next morning with no preparation!

Pumpkin Bread Mix

Pumpkin bread is by far my favorite way to eat pumpkin for fall, and I can confidently say that this is the best recipe. The bread comes out moist and flavorful and has the perfect balance of sweetness and spice. To make this, you definitely need access to a full kitchen with an oven, but it is so worth it! Just add eggs, water, and oil, and you’ll have a delicious fall-themed treat!

Apple Cider Donuts

If you’re not a fan of pumpkin flavored foods, definitely give these apple cider donuts a try! These are another one of my fall favorites, and they’re a classic New England treat. These come pre-made, and they would be great to have for breakfast or as a midday snack.

Butternut Squash Mac and Cheese

Obviously, the Trader Joe’s mac and cheese is famous for being one of the greatest of all time, but this fall-themed version also sounds delicious. This is a great one to throw in your freezer and wait for a cozy fall day to heat up and eat while watching your favorite fall rom-coms. They also have these guys in mac bite version!

Pumpkin Butter

A take on their famous cookie butter, Trader Joe’s also has the fall-themed pumpkin butter! I haven’t tried this yet, but it’s definitely on my next grocery list. This would be great to spread on toast or a bagel for a fall-themed breakfast.

I am a member of the Brown Class of 2026, and I am planning to concentrate in history and economics. In my free time, I enjoy reading historical fiction novels, baking chocolate chip cookies, and trying new restaurants and cafes in Providence.