4 New Trader Joe’s Snacks You *Need* To Try This Spring

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

If you are like me and also rely on food to “feel the season,” then you might understand how I hoarded Trader Joe’s new spring snacks collection to feel more “spring.” Although some snacks weren’t too spring-related, I found some amazing options that especially stood out to me from the iconic grocery chain’s new releases. Here are my favorite four that I highly recommend to you this spring:

“PB&C”

PB&J is an established favorite, but what about peanut butter & chocolate? After trying Trader Joe’s “PB&C,” I know this combination is my new favorite too! To be precise, PB&C is a crispy, cocoa creme-filled wafer stick dipped in peanut butter. This box of PB&Cs comes in 6 packs so you can eat them in moderate amounts. It’s also a good source of protein, so it can be a great gym/study snack! My only caveat is that PB&C is pretty sweet—if you don’t have the biggest sweet tooth, try checking out the other snacks on this list.

Bananas bananas! candy

For banana-lovers like me, this snack is the most genius combination of banana and chocolate! Shaped like an adorable, tiny banana, each piece of milk chocolate is filled with banana flavored creme and cocoa nibs. This was my personal favorite out of the new spring snacks! I encourage you to try it—I promise it won’t disappoint!

chocolate sandwich cookies (with coffee creme)

If you ever tried Trader Joe’s Dark Chocolate Covered Espresso Beans and found yourself obsessed with them (I definitely have), this new snack might just be your new addiction. The chocolate sandwich cookies are basically Oreo’s filled with coffee creme, topped with dark chocolate and coffee coating. It provides the perfect caffeine boost and will also fill you up—a great study snack to carry around!

As for the taste, I rate it 10/10! It wasn’t too sweet or too bitter, probably because of the balanced combination of dark chocolate and coffee creme. Dark chocolate was definitely the dominant taste, with a hint of coffee (but not too strong). The only thing I was disappointed about was that it’s not a very clean snack to eat. Each sandwich cookie is so big so it requires two bites, making the cookie crumble onto the floor… not the most convenient snack to eat in public.

All Butter Shortbread Sandwich Cookies

Nothing screams spring more than this snack: butter sandwich cookies filled with raspberry jam. To be honest, I was first only attracted to the cute packaging and did not expect much of the taste. But this snack certainly didn’t disappoint! The raspberry jam felt very organic and natural (it IS natural by the way!) and left a mild-sweet aftertaste. This comes in one big box so I recommend sharing them with your friends—perhaps it could be a dessert at a picnic!

These were my favorite four Trader Joe’s spring 2023 snacks. Next time you go to Trader Joe’s, I encourage you to check out their new products section! I know I definitely found some of my favorite snacks from that shelf and you might find yours too.

Rio is a third-year UCLA business economics student from Japan. In her free time, you can find her hiking, dancing away at concerts, or cafe-hopping!