absolutvision Z20wtGu1OH4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
absolutvision Z20wtGu1OH4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The Student Oven: Chocolate Nutella Cookies

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bristol chapter.

These cookies are the height of indulgence: moist biscuit meets nutty, intense chocolate spread. The Nutella can even be replaced with peanut butter for a variation on this yummy bake. Enjoy the pleasing texture, forget about the calories and rejoice in these guilty pleasures in the midst of stressful university life. Helena Davies, first year psychology student, commented on this bake, saying they are “Heaven in a biscuit” – we hope you enjoy them! 

This recipe makes 12 cookies.

Ingredients

·       200g cooking margarine or butter

·       100g caster sugar

·       200g self-raising flour

·       2 tablespoons cocoa powder

·       6 teaspoons Nutella

Method

1.     Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Lightly butter a baking tray.

2.     Cream together margarine and sugar until light and fluffy.

3.     Stir in flour and cocoa powder until thoroughly combined. The mixture shouldn’t be too wet, nor should it stick to your hands too much when handled.

4.     Roll the dough out to a thickness of approximately half an inch.

5.     Using two different sized cookie cutters, cut twelve small circles of dough and twelve large circles of dough.

6.     Lay the six smaller circles onto greased baking trays, then put a teaspoon of chocolate spread (or peanut butter) in the centre of each.

7.     Then, mould the larger circle over the top, ensuring there are no gaps around the edges and that it is well sealed.

8.     Bake in the preheated oven until firm around the edges, approximately 10 to 15 minutes.

9.     Take out of the oven and wait until completely cool before removing from the tray and eating.

10.  Enjoy! 

Hey! I'm Claire and I'm a first year student at Bristol studying French and German. I love reading, writing, baking and blogging and am loving Bristol life so far.
Her Campus magazine