Editor’s Letter: Our Columnists

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bristol chapter.

Here at Her Campus Bristol, we accept submissions from writers throughout the term, on any subject of interest – the beauty of our blog style format is that anyone with a view on a topic can voice that view!

There are writers who have contributed frequently to our website this term though. We welcome and encourage regular column pieces from writers. Hopefully you have enjoyed following these columns throughout the term, as our writers have certainly enjoyed keeping up with them. In case you missed out on some of our brilliant regular features, I decided to throw it back to some of my standout columns of the term.

“The Bargain Blogger” – written by our Fashion Features Editor (Bargain Blogger identity revealed) Becky Stanczyk, the Bargain Blogger brings high fashion to the student budget. Her Balmain piece offers cheap alternatives to the highly lusted after Balmain X H&M connection. Becky is nothing but thorough, offering style for a range of budgets from £5 to £40. Stick with her and you’ll go far on the fashionable high street.

“The Student Oven” – new kid on the block, Claire Hargreaves (also known as the star of Her Campus First Dates this past November), has been cracking out some cracking recipes for our readers from the start of term. Her Chocolate Nutella Cookies in particular were an easy to follow, absolute necessity when we found ourselves in the throes of deadlines mid-semester. Her bakes are seasonal and delicious, not to be missed.

“A Column of One’s Own” – Bethan Davies established her column with the intention to give a voice to women who may have gone under the radar despite their astonishing deeds. The women is Bethan’s column never fail to amaze me and she has a gift for sourcing inspirational stories, whilst engaging with wider social issues. For some food for thought on a Wednesday morning head to Bethan.

“In the Spotlight” – In the same vein as Bethan, Helena Napier’s column has been shining a light on the brilliant women of our past. Helena reminds us of the great artists, scientists and writers that have made their mark on contemporary culture. Her first piece looked at the life of Margaret Atwood and she has been highlighting amazing women ever since.

“Danni’s Beauty Box” – If you are as clueless about make up as I am, then you will love Danni’s weekly column. Our Beauty Editor takes one beauty conundrum each week and provides clear explanation, how-to guides and lists of the best products on the market. Her guide to the perfect red lip had me on the verge of splashing the last of my student loan on the perfect lippy, which may now be on my Christmas list.

So that’s that for this term’s columns – hopefully we will see them continued after Christmas. If you have a column that you would like to pitch, please do send ideas or first drafts to bristol@hercampus.com. We look forward to hearing from you!

– Ella XO

P.S. We will be recruiting in the new year for a Campus Celebrity columnist so look out for more details!

Ella is one of the two CC's for Her Campus Bristol. She is currently in her final year at the University of Bristol, reading English Literature. Ella loves buffets, art and fashion - she is hoping to make it as the next Anna Wintour. You can follow her on Twitter @ella_wills where she will mostly post mindless attempts at humour.