Danni's Beauty Box: The Perfect Red Lip

The classic red lip is a tricky look to pull off. Bold and dramatic, it’s a confident fashion statement that can completely revolutionise your outfit. Whether you want to stand out, by adding it to a mostly makeup-free face, or evoke Hollywood glamour, by pairing it with classic winged eyeliner, it has the power to perfect every look. That is, if you find the right shade. Dark burgundies, bright orangey reds, rich blue-toned hues, and classic London-bus reds: there’s certainly a lot to choose from.

Enter the beauty collaboration of the decade: Dita Von Teese and MAC. That’s right, the Queen of the Red Lip herself has developed the ultimate red lipstick with MAC. A blue-based red, the colour is bold and rich (and it’ll make your teeth look unbelievably white). For Dita, a matte-red lipstick is the one and only essential beauty product in her makeup bag. It’s classic, iconic and easy. She argues that her MAC Von Teese shade "Evokes glamour and confidence," and is a beauty essential. You can buy Dita’s shade from December 16th; good luck, it’s due to be a sell-out.

(Photo credit: MAC)

If you’re looking for something specific, a totally different shade of red, or if Dita’s lippy just isn’t for you, here are my five picks that should cover any and all of your red lipstick needs!

About the Author