kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Working on That Bahamas Body

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

For Bentley seniors, there is a huge perk to finishing up these last few amazing months as students: Bentley’s Bahamas trip. With this bathing suit extravaganza looming on the horizon, some falconettes might feel pressure to crash diet or live at the gym trying to attain the perfect beach body. Here are some creative tips on how to get in shape for the Bahamas!

1. Job applications will make you sweat.

Bahamas dieting season is conveniently also job hunting season for many seniors! Nothing works up a sweat like seeing the number of other applicants for that dream job that you’re eyeing on LinkedIn. Luckily #prepared Bentley seniors’ finger muscles are ready for submitting resumes and crafting cover letters.

2. The upper Miller Deck is your friend.

Park on the upper Miller Deck after grocery shopping. The hike to your room, arms loaded with grocery bags, is a great combination of cardio and strength training!

3. Don’t skip class!

Every class block is another opportunity to work those glutes shimmying up the stairs or hill. This is especially valuable on very windy days when the forces of nature are working against you.

4. Make smart food choices.

Switch your chocolate frosted donut to a strawberry frosted donut on your morning stop at Dunks— because strawberries are a fruit, right?! There’s also basically no excuse to avoid smart food choices when Thin Oreos now exist.

5. Clean your room.

Seniors have much more floor space to care for than they did way back freshman year in Trees. Pick up the pieces of clothing littering your floor one by one while bending all the way down, and BAM… every cleaning day is leg day! And vacuuming totally works arm muscles, right?

6. Go out every chance you get.

Every night out is an opportunity to burn millions of calories dancing around with your friends. Even the group dash to the Uber in heels counts as cardio.

Just remember– while hitting up the Dana Center is healthy and vegetables are yummy, focusing on your health is so much more enjoyable when you’re doing it for yourself rather than for a trip. And, most importantly, the friends you’ll be having a blast with in the Bahamas think you’re perfect just the way you are! 

Photos:

Marketing major at Bentley University with an LSM in Global Perspectives, Professional Chef if you like cereal, and Aspiring Globetrotter.
Bentley senior majoring in Information Design & Corporate Communications with a minor in Entrepreneurial Studies. Chapter President for HCB. Third Door Media intern. Karate aficionado. Shonda Rhimes super fan.