This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

As the weather starts to change, the days grow longer, and we pull out all of our favorite sweaters and fuzzy socks, something else is also happening. ‘Tis the napping season. With wind blowing the leaves about outside, I just wanna cuddle up in bed and waste the day away. However, ‘tis also midterm season. Naps and studying for midterms don’t really go well together. So, instead of snuggling down, here are a few things you can do.

Go to the library:

Studying in your room, or especially your bed (my personal fave place to *try* to study) isn’t a great idea. Being around other people and seeing how productive they are has to be helpful.

Eat something:

It’s something else to do, it’s something you probably want to do anyway, and it’ll wake you up. Whether it’s going to seasons or making some food for yourself, it’ll keep you from going to sleep.

Go on a walk:

Weather dependent, the leaves outside are beautiful. Bundle up in your cutest sweater and fuzziest socks and take a few minutes to enjoy what New England loves to boast about. Stonehurst is a nature reserve right next to campus, or even just a walk around campus would be helpful. Maybe you’ll even be able to get some good Insta pics.

Clean your closet:

Cleaning isn’t only for the Spring, you can do it in any season. Take some time to re-arrange your closet, putting away all the clothes you won’t be able to wear in the colder months. You’ll have to do it at some point, so why not now?

Clean your whole room:

Taking a nap won’t make you feel productive, but breaking out that vacuum that you’ve hardly used all semester might. Take a few minutes to clean the floors, make sure all your dishes are washed and put away, and just generally tidy up.

Have a dance party:

Get your blood pumping and wake up a bit! Blast your music for a song or two and dance like nobody’s watching. Bonus points for doing this in front of your window where people actually can see you.

So, next time you have work to do but are snuggled up under a blanket, try some of these things to not fall asleep. Now that I’ve written this article, I might just shut my eyes for a little wh…zzzzzzzzzzz

Images: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7

Allison Weed

Bentley '20

Allison Weed is a senior at Bentley University. She is majoring in Marketing with minors in Information Design and Corporate Communication, and International Affairs. She is the President and Campus Correspondent of the Bentley University Her Campus Chapter.