Wellness > Sex + Relationships

Struggles of Being a College Girl: Subtly Asking Him Out

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

You finally found someone to ask out, but you are still nervous and don’t want to flat out ask him. This is a common tragedy that happens to the best of us. I have some tips for asking someone out that have come from personal experiences.

Fake a friend bailed

This is my personal favorite and I have found that it works very well. The best types of dates to come out of this are sports games and movies. If your friend bailed you already have the tickets to the event, and you don’t want to go alone so explain that to him. Simply ask if he wants to go to the event because your friend bailed and who could say no?

Go to a party with him and a group of people

Parties can be very spontaneous, and they can still be a casual enough setting to spend some time with your crush. Make sure to find an opportunity to pull him aside for some one-on-one time. This will be a great way to see if he feels the same way about you.

Watch a TV Show

Make sure you know he likes the show because if you do this out of thin air it might be a little odd. A good idea is to text him or talk to him about the show so you know he likes it. Then you can invite him over to watch the show.

But if you are confident just go ahead and ask him out! If he declines, then he’s not worth it and you can ghost him which you can learn how to do here!

Images: 1 / 2 / 3

Hi! I'm a sophomore at Bentley and majoring in IDCC with a minor in Gender Studies. I love dogs and chocolate.