samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Start Thinking About Finals Now

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

With approximately one month until finals, it’s time for Bentley students to begin preparing. A common mistake many college students make is waiting until the week (or the night) before a final to start studying. Starting to get ready for finals now will reduce coming stress and ensure better performance. Here are some pro tips for how to start preparing for finals a month in advance.

1. Stay organized; make a schedule. Make sure you know about all the papers, projects, presentations, and exams you have coming up. Write everything down so it is easy to keep track of. Plan out a schedule of when you want to do each assignment or study for an exam, and have a roommate help keep you accountable if necessary.

2. Start getting extra sleep now. Instead of watching Netflix, take the opportunity to get a little bit of extra sleep now. This will give you the energy and brainpower to focus on finals when they arrive. It will also allow you to be more efficient in studying.

3. Make flashcards. Flashcards are one of the best methods of studying for many students. They are an easy way to start preparing for exams well in advance, especially for classes that are largely definition based. Practice the flashcards for a couple of minutes each day, and you will be well on your way to getting good grades on finals!

4. Don’t put off assignments. Never procrastinate. Sometimes, studying for an exam the night before can be helpful, but that is only if you don’t have half a dozen other papers and presentations looming over your head that you put off. It all goes back to staying organized and making a schedule that works for you.

5. Make studying fun! Study with friends and occasionally reward yourself with a break to go get ice cream. You deserve it!

Images: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6

I am a senior at Bentley University with a major in marketing. I plan to go to law school after finishing my undergrad.
Native New Yorker Brooke Camarda has had her eclectic share of jobs—from the runways of NYFW to the haunted hallways of NYZ Apocalypse. Commonly known by her alter ego of Wonder Woman, there's no task or adventure that the skydiving-enthusiast isn't willing to take on. She loves typography and cappuccinos almost as much as she loves her (very) big family, and is thrilled to be writing for Bentley University's chapter of Her Campus.