This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

College = stress. No doubt about it. However, there’s tons of ways out there to destress, relax, and give ourselves the breaks we deserve. Here are some easy and affordable self care tips that are perfect after a tough exam, a long day at your internship, or just whenever you want to unwind!

Journal

Journaling is a great way to clear your head. Whip out a cute notebook and your favorite gel pen and just let the words flow! You can take the traditional route and write about your day and how it made you feel, or you can take a different approach and write about a favorite memory that makes you happy! You can use your journal as a way to vent if you want to journal out all your frustrations, or you can use your journal as a reminder of what you’re thankful for. Journaling is unique to every person, so follow whichever approach works best for you!

Pamper Yourself

Pampering yourself can sound kind of expensive with all those pricey face masks and expensive self-care products, but you can pamper yourself with all the things you already own! Take a long, hot shower and wash your hair, exfoliate, and shave. Step out of that shower feeling like a new person! Then take the time to moisturize, fake tan (if you’re into that), and air dry your hair. After that, you can put on your favorite playlist as you do your skincare routine, clean up your eyebrows, and paint your nails!

Watch Your Favorite Feel-Good Show or Movie

Self-care doesn’t have to be centered around your body; you can engage in self-care without treating yourself to a spa night. One of my favorite forms of self-care is letting myself relax by watching my favorite feel-good show or movie! If school is stressing you out, let yourself get enthralled by the storyline of a good show or movie. I usually opt for rom-coms or chicklits because I can’t handle the suspense of dramas or horror films, but go for your favorite!

Catch Up with a Friend or Relative

Self-care also doesn’t have to be by yourself! One of the most rewarding feelings is catching up with a friend or relative that you haven’t talked to in a while. Letting yourself chat with a friend or relative instead of stressing over your next assignment or meeting is a great way to relax and unwind. Self-care is anything that makes you feel good – who says that can’t just be a quick phone call with a loved one?

College often stresses the idea that we have to spend every waking moment being productive if we want to be successful, but this isn’t sustainable. What’s more realistic is taking time regularly to take care of yourself in whatever way works best for you. Take the time to take care of yourself and everything else will fall into place!

Hi everyone! My name is Banmai Huynh and I am from Chelmsford, MA. I'm a Corporate Finance and Accounting major at Bentley University in Waltham, MA and I’m the President of our Her Campus Chapter. I joined Her Campus because I think it's a great creative outlet for college students. I like writing about my personal experiences, opinions, and recommendations! Thanks for reading!