This week we had no food in the apartment and were very limited on choices. We decided to make pasta, and we put our own twist on it. This is the perfect recipe when you have minimum ingredients and are short on time.
Box of pasta
Splash of vegetable oil
1 large tomato
1 Tbs dried basil
½ Tbs of red pepper flakes
1 Tbs of chopped garlic
1 Tbs of oregano
½ Tbs of crushed black pepper
½ cup of water
1 cup of parmesan cheese
1. Boil water. When the water is done boiling cook pasta until al-dente. We used penne but feel free to try any other kind of pasta.
2. Chop the onions while waiting for the water to boil
3. While a large pan is heating drizzle the oil to lightly coat the bottom
4. Add the onions and cook until transparent (about 5 minutes on medium)
5. While the onion is cooking, dice the tomato. Then add them to the onions when the onions are done cooking. If you have more ingredients around feel free to edit the recipe and add more!
6. After the tomatoes are heated (2 minutes) add the garlic and all of the seasonings. Depending on your flavor preferences you can add more or less of the seasonings.
7. Lower the heat and then add the water to the pan and stir
8. Then slowly add the cheese while stirring. The cheese might get clumpy but don’t worry, it happens to us all the time.
9. After about 3 minutes stirring the cheese, add the pasta to the pan and stir it all together.
10. When all of the ingredients are incorporated, serve and top with cheese and dried basil.
Watch out for our next article and in the meantime check out our last recipe on how to make apple crisp!
Images: 1 / and courtesy of the authors