This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

The most interesting part about the Super Bowl is the commercials. There were’t very many commercials that stood out this year, however. Some of the notable ones included Pepsi’s “Okurrr” Cardi B. commercial, Budweiser’s adorable Dalmation commercial, Bubly’s commercial featuring Michael Bublé, and a couple of funny T-Mobile commercials. Overall, there seemed to be less good commercials than average, but there was certainly one commercial that stood out to EVERYONE purely for how disgusting and unexpected it was. The horror of this commercial made it impossible to look away, like watching a car wreck. Does anyone remember what company the advertisement was for? Nope, probably not. But Mint Mobile created something that will forever be remembered for how truly nauseating it was. Yes, that’s right – drum roll…. the chunky milk commercial!

For all those people enjoying snacks during the Super Bowl, watching chunky milk being poured into a glass certainly put a stopper in those appetites. The commercial starts with a mint green fox saying the price of Mint Mobile is “right, all right” and then goes on to say what isn’t right – chunky milk. Then follows vivid images of chunky milk being poured into a glass, a girl chewing the chunks, and a dad enthusiastily saying, “Hey guys, save some chunks for me!”

Did Mint Mobile make a great point and a memorable commercial? Yes. Are people going to remember who the advertisement was for or switch to Mint Mobile’s wireless plan? Maybe not. I know what I will remember is how thankful I am for my smooth-style milk. Nonetheless, effective or not, this commercial was hilarious and a much needed break from the boring football game.

Didn’t see this commercial yet? Watch it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhkcQbhiOiM

And check out my article on how annoying Patriots fans are!

https://www.hercampus.com/school/bentley/are-patriots-fans-annoying

I am a senior at Bentley University with a major in marketing. I plan to go to law school after finishing my undergrad.
Allison Weed

Bentley '20

Allison Weed is a senior at Bentley University. She is majoring in Marketing with minors in Information Design and Corporate Communication, and International Affairs. She is the President and Campus Correspondent of the Bentley University Her Campus Chapter.