This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

We’re on week two of Hot Mama’s Kitchen: Her Campus Edition. This week, I am going to offer some handy tips on how to make that perfectly snapchattable/instagrammable SMOOTHIE BOWL.

Ingredients:

• Frozen fruit/vegetables
  • Almond milk
  • Toppings of choice (ex: chia seeds, goji berries, hemp seeds, etc.)

Instructions:  

Step 1: I like to use frozen fruit/vegetables. However, if you have fresh fruit on hand, that’s perfectly fine— just make sure to add ice. Combine the fruit in a blender with a little bit of almond milk. The key is that you want the base to be as thick as possible, as opposed to a typical liquid smoothie.

Step 2: WOW! We’re already at our second (and final) step. This is when your inner artist comes out. Top the smoothie bowl with whatever toppings you have at your disposal. My personal favs are:

• Coconut shreds
  • Almond shreds
  • Chia seeds
  • Hemp seeds
  • Goji berries

Of course, it’s also amazing to top smoothie bowls with some extra fresh fruit! Make whatever design you want, and if you decide to post your masterpiece to Instagram, tag @hercampusbentley! Don’t forget, natural lighting is key to a fabulous photograph…

Hi, my name is Molly! I'm currently the Co-President and a Campus Correspondent for Bentley University's HC chapter.