This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

New year, new semester!  Her Campus at Bentley came together to chat about what we do to get us through the Zoom semester successfully!  Here are our tips:

• Put your phone in another room during classes. It will help you not to check it so that you don’t get distracted.

• Take notes on paper instead of typing on the computer. You will remember what you are learning far better by doing so.

• Take screen time breaks between classes. This is very important for your mental health!

• Make sure you have a good environment to take classes in (no distractions). Obviously, sometimes we can’t eliminate all of the distractions in our lives, but do everything possible to ensure that you can focus during class.

• Write down assignments in your planner at the start of the week. This is essential for staying organized and being on top of your work load!

• Eat some light snacks. Eating small portions more often rather than eating one or two large meals a day is good for your health.

• Be sure to get exercise/get moving! This will help you stay motivated throughout the day.

• Hydrate or DIEDRATE! Fill your water bottle at the start of every class and try to finish it by the end of class.

• Keep your camera on during Zoom classes to stay engaged and focused. Professors appreciate this, as do your classmates!

• Invest in a laptop stand for better posture. You’ll be amazed how much this helps!

• Try to make a new friend in each Zoom class to talk about assignments and study together. Making friends during a pandemic can be a challenge, so take advantage of your virtual classes to do so.

• Keep a to-do list for assignments and tasks. This could take the form of one piece of paper, or it could be sticky notes all over your desk.

• Force yourself to get dressed for every class to mentally separate class and lounge time. Routines are important, and being online all day gives us very little separation between class/work/relaxation. Getting dressed is one way to tell yourself the day has officially started.

Bentley University
Melissa is President and Campus Correspondent of Her Campus at Bentley University.  She is a senior majoring in Marketing and minoring in Spanish and Psychology.  Melissa studied abroad in Sevilla, Spain!  In her free time, she loves to read, write, play tennis, volunteer, and spend time with family and friends.  You'll usually find her exploring new places and restaurants and then writing articles about them!