books on brown wooden shelf
books on brown wooden shelf
Susan Yin/Unsplash

Feelings of Add/Drop

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

It’s that time again where registration is wrapping up—leaving most of us stuck with a couple of classes that we definitely did not want. Whether it’s an inconvenient time or a bad professor, we’ve reached the point where we all have to constantly watch the add/drop list and pray for the classes we want. Here some gifs to help us get through this terrible time…

Getting the email saying that add/drop is officially open

Staring at the letters “CL” near the class you wanted

Tying to will a spot open for the class you want

Going through the first day of add/drop, and the class you wanted not opening

Opening up MyBentley and finally seeing that one open spot…

…and not being able to truly believe that you can get into that class

Looking around to see if someone is watching, with the power to possibly take that class away from you

Hysterically looking for the CRN code and praying that you can join the class

Pressing “submit,” and realizing that you are registered into too many classes, or are already registered for a class at the time

Frantically going back to your schedule, trying to switch around your classes to add the new one

Seeing that while you were searching for the CRN code, someone else took the class

Considering giving up and taking only one class next semester

Seeing a spot open again

Pressing “submit” and celebrating because you finally got the class you wanted

Looking back at add/drop and seeing that another class you wanted has one spot open…

All images courtsey of giphy.com

Hi, my name is Molly! I'm currently the Co-President and a Campus Correspondent for Bentley University's HC chapter.