This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

If you were someone who was excited to join Greek life on campus last weekend, then you were most likely pretty upset and confused when recruitment got shut down due to a widespread flu outbreak. Bentley has three sororities here on campus, and is inviting Kappa Delta to join next Fall. The current sororities are Alpha Phi, Gamma Phi Beta, and Phi Sigma Sigma.

After the first round of parties on Friday night, everyone was excited and hopeful to see which sorority they would best fit into. Saturday morning everyone rushed to LaCava to see which sororities they got invited back to for the second round. After going to two sororities to talk about their philanthropies, everyone could almost see the finish line—that is, until girls started dropping like flies. There were at least 30 girls who reported having symptoms and 1 even went to the hospital. Here is a play by play of how we felt when we got told sorority recruitment would have to be postponed:

The feelings we all had at the start of sorority recruitment:

After two parties, we could see the finish line:

After talking for two hours:

When you see a girl faint:

When the EMTs ran up the stairs of LaCava:

Hearing the news that Bid Day would not be this Sunday:

Trying to clear your schedule for next weekend:

Let’s go out to lunch. I’m hungry. It’s true, sorority recruitment takes a lot out of you, so food is definitely a must.

And, of course, taking a nap after you get back to your room:

No matter how you were feeling last weekend, this weekend will hopefully be much better! Good luck with the rest of recruitment and Bid Day!

Here is the updated schedule of sorority recruitment!

Photo Source: Instagram @bentleypanhellenic

Images: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11

Allison Weed

Bentley '20

Allison Weed is a senior at Bentley University. She is majoring in Marketing with minors in Information Design and Corporate Communication, and International Affairs. She is the President and Campus Correspondent of the Bentley University Her Campus Chapter. 
Native New Yorker Brooke Camarda has had her eclectic share of jobs—from the runways of NYFW to the haunted hallways of NYZ Apocalypse. Commonly known by her alter ego of Wonder Woman, there's no task or adventure that the skydiving-enthusiast isn't willing to take on. She loves typography and cappuccinos almost as much as she loves her (very) big family, and is thrilled to be writing for Bentley University's chapter of Her Campus.