The Lalapink Beauty Products
The Lalapink Beauty Products
Her Campus Media
Style > Beauty

Five Products I Have Been Loving Recently

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Baylor chapter.

Quarantine has put everyone in difficult, stressful, and even chaotic situations. Finding some consistency during this time is tough. Some things have helped me feel certain and calm are beauty products! I love playing with makeup, doing skin care, and experimenting with my hair. Beauty products haven’t been the only things to ease my tension; board games and essential products have aided me as well. Here’s some products that might pique interest in my fellow ladies out there.

1. Aussie Miracle Moist Intense Hydrating Oil

Hair can be a tricky thing to navigate especially during quarantine when you really don’t want to style it everyday. But no worries! This hydrating oil will leave your hair shiny and soft with minimal maintenance. Aussie markets this product as restorative, hydrating, and moisturizing. The product itself runs for $4.99 at Target. Reviews have described it as a “thick oil that absorbs with ease” and “an oil that leaves my hair sleek, smooth, and shiny.” How to use: simply put a dime-sized amount onto your hands and run through wet or dry hair. Comb through your hair to make sure every strand gets some love. 

2. Truly Volcanic Rosewater All-Over Hydrating Mist (alternative: Heritage Store Rosewater Facial Toner)

Skin care has been all the rage during quarantine and these next two products can help you create the ultimate at home spa experience. This hydrating mis is luxurious and beneficial to the skin. With ingredients like vitamin C, aloe, and rosewater, this mist will leave your skin dewy and fresh while also fighting acne. This product runs for $25.00 at Ulta. If this price doesn’t work for you personally, then the Heritage Store Rosewater Facial Toner is a great equivalent. This toner has similar ingredients and is vegan and cruelty-free. It runs for $11.79 at Ulta. How to use: spritz the mist all over your face. After letting it dry, follow up with your regular moisturizer. 

3. Hero Cosmetics Mighty Patch

Speaking of skin care, mask-ne has become an issue for everyone. Wearing a mask while you’re out is important but sweat and dirt getting clogged in your pores is not the intended outcome. These patches will help fight those stubborn pimples and leave your skin looking fabulous. Medical-grade hydrocolloid pulls out any dirt or bacteria in your pores to leave a smooth, pimple free appearance. These are also vegan and cruelty-free and work on all skin types. Be careful though, if you’re allergic to pectin or rubber, they will not be suitable for you. They run for $12.99 for 36 patches on their website, herocosmetics.us. On Amazon, they’re $12.50 for the same amount. How to use: put a patch on the affected area before going to bed. In the morning, peel off the patch and reveal clean skin.

4. Elekin Folding Laptop Desk

Working/studying from home has consumed all of our lives recently. It may be hard to find the best place to take a zoom call or to complete assignments. With this foldable desk, working from home has become so much easier. It’s a decent size, able to hold a standard sized laptop. It’s portable meaning you can work from the comfort of your bed without neck pain. It has a cup holder for your favorite drinks and a tiny pull-out drawer to hold your phone. It runs for $49.99 on Amazon. This may be pricey for us college students but there are great alternatives on Amazon. 

5. Puzzles (Succulent Garden 500 Piece Jigsaw Puzzle)

Need a break from the stress of school work? I have a hobby for you! Well, this may not be fore everyone, but puzzles are an easy way to relax while stimulating your brain. You can do them alone or with friends. This specific one runs for $15.99 on Amazon but there’s plenty of puzzles at your local Target or Walmart. So grab a drink and some snacks, lay the puzzle out and have some fun.

These products have helped me feel more comfortable during this stressful and uncertain time. My goal is to share that information with all of you! I hope that these products can be helpful in your personal lives. Remember, self-care is not just face masks and skin care. Self-care is finding different things that make your life easier or more enjoyable. 

Mercedes is a senior, Sociology major at Baylor University. Mercedes is from Oceanside, California, a little bit north of San Diego. Her interests are playing with makeup, trying new restaurants, and driving around blasting music. Her career goals include going to law school to become a family or immigration lawyer or opening a homelessness recovery center.