This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Baylor chapter.

Curology is a three step skincare product. It consists of a face wash, a serum and a lotion. Once purchased, the user will receive a new set every two months. It raised in popularity due to the numerous social media influencers who began using and endorsing the product. The big question that has been asked is if the product actually works? 

Due to my own curiosity, I purchased the product June of 2019 and used it once in the morning every day. The process was incredibly easy to follow and helped me gain the reassurance I needed to use the product. When I first visited the website I was able to find the purchase option to start my free trial immediately. Once I clicked the free trial option, I was then directed to start a quiz that asked me a variety of questions about the type of skin I have. They also asked if I had any allergies which I found very helpful. I was not entirely sure the type of skin I have, so I appreciated the amount of questions that were asked. After the quiz, I was asked to take three photos of my face, one from the front, left side, and right side of my face to send to the dermatologist that would be assisting me. After that, I was able to order a Curology set that was specifically designed for me. 

After I ordered the product, it took about a week for it to arrive. Once it arrived, I opened the box to find that it had my name on it. Inside the box, the formula that I was using and when to use each product was listed. My formula consisted of Azelaic Acid, Clindamycin, and Zinc Pyrithione. I found the packaging to be very nice! It showed that the product was specifically made for me and provided me with all the information I needed. 

I noticed an immediate improvement to my skin! Within two weeks, my acne began to decrease and my dark spots were beginning to lighten. I did have a slight irritation issue that caused my skin to slightly burn once I put the products on for a few minutes. However, once I contacted my dermatology provider they were able to fix the problem and change my formula. Throughout my process of using the product, I have been asked to check regularly to make sure the formula I have is still working properly. Overall, I truly enjoyed the experience of purchasing the product, talking with my dermatology provider, and using the product.

Hannah Stevenson is a sophomore Philosophy and Sociology Pre-Law major at Baylor University. She is from Houston, Texas. When she is not writing articles or studying, she is trying new coffee shops, taking photos, and reading. Her favorite things include traveling, binging Netflix, and dogs.