This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bates chapter.

For some, midterms have already approached in full force. For others, midterms are right around the corner, waiting to pounce on every ounce of free time you may have enjoyed these past few weeks. Whether you’ve already encountered the inescapable flood of papers and exams, or you’re still basking in the bliss of note-taking ignorance, check out some familiar emotions of midterm season as told by Grey’s Anatomy.

When life is good, exams/papers/presentations are weeks away, and you can sleep without any worries on your mind:

One week later, your professor mentions an exam soon, but you’re still in full denial. Midterm? What midterm? :

You talk with a friend after class, trying to find company in your misery, but they explain that they started studying practically since birth (aka three weeks ago). You’re left thinking:

After a few other classes, you’ve come to terms with reality. You make a study guide for every exam, and all of your friends are saying:

But suddenly, three out of four of your professors mention, “Don’t forget the ten page paper due next class!” :

You begin to lose sleep, forget how to talk about anything other than Cohen’s d, and forget that people actually still function while wearing clothes other than groutfits. Now, your friends are thinking:

It’s now the night before exam day. You feel confident about one class, but then remember you have all three exams tomorrow. Oh wait, the first exam is in four hours? :

It’s finally exam day. You read the first question:

But then the horrible, horrible day of exams is over. You’ve officially finished three exams, a million papers, and are ready to celebrate (which is well deserved): 

And even if you did forget how to answer an entire portion of an exam, just remind your professor of these words of wisdom: 

Remember, even when school pressures are kicking your butt, stay positive! It will all work out. 

Happy midterms!

Catie Spaulding is a 2019 Bates College graduate. In her free time, she enjoys singing the wrong lyrics to almost every song imaginable, contemplating big and small life questions with anyone around her, and debating what flavor ice cream to pick up on the next grocery run.