This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Babson chapter.

Yep, it’s that time of year again, spring break! There seems to be an excitement in the air as students pack their suitcases in preparation for their drive or flight home. No one really can focus in class during the last day before spring break because everyone is thinking and talking about going home.

I was also very excited to go home for spring break, especially after being drained from midterms. Luckily, while many other students have to fly across the country or take long bus rides to get home, home for me is just a quick forty-minute drive away from Babson.

In fact, I actually try to go home every weekend. During the week, I get so drained from classes and team meetings that school becomes an environment that I associate with stress and anxiety. For me, getting off campus and going home to see my family and eating a home cooked meal, allows me to de-stress and come back to Babson relaxed and refreshed and ready to tackle the next week.

Some people have asked me whether going home alienates me from Babson’s social scene. Yes, while there are events that happen on the weekends at Babson while I’m at home, I know I won’t be able to fully enjoy them if I feel drained and mentally exhausted.  My friends at Babson are really understanding and supportive, and I’ve been feeling better mentally, and more prepared to stay on campus to enjoy the social events that Babson has to offer.

For anyone else who feels this way, just know that it’s okay to go home to take some time for yourself. You’re not being selfish. For those who can’t go home as easily, make some time to hang out with your friends. Spending time with your friends can help boost your mood, and prepare you mentally to do well in your classes in the upcoming weeks. You got this. 

Learning to live life a little less stressed
???? Founder of Her Campus Babson. Lover of stories. Over drinker of coffee. College student interested in the intersection of business, tech, and creativity.