This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Augustana chapter.

Starbucks has released the Pumpkin Spice Latte and I’m releasing this pumpkin muffin recipe! Fall is on the way and you know what that means. All things PUMPKIN. Pumpkin muffins, lattes, bread, ice cream, soups, donuts, and everything in between are on my menu this fall! Like so many others, I am absolutely pumpkin obsessed…there’s just something about that orange, seedy squash that makes it perfect for cooking and baking, scents and even decor. I’ll be soaking up all that pumpkin has to offer for this entire season starting with these easy muffins! I made a healthier version of this fall treat, but all of the ingridients can easily be subbed for whatever you already have in your kitchen. Whip these up for a perfect fall treat!

WET INGRIDIENTS:

2 Eggs

1/3 Cup Pumpkin Puree

1 Tsp Vanilla

2 Tbsp. Coconut oil, melted

DRY INGRIDIENTS:

2 Cups Almond Flour (substitute whatever flour type you want here!)

1/4 Cup Coconut Sugar

1/2 Tsp. Salt

1/2 Tsp. Baking Soda

1/4 Pumpkin Pie Spice 

1 Tsp. Cinnamon 

CINNAMON SUGAR TOPPING:

1 Tbsp. Coconut Sugar 

1/2 Tsp. Cinnamon

(MIX TOGETHER)

INSTRUCTIONS:

Mix wet and dry ingredients in separate bowls. Add together and make sure the mix is completly combined. Spray nonstick oil or spray in a muffin tin and scoop batter into each tin. Sprinkle cinnaming sugar topping! I added pepita seeds for fun too! Bake at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes. Check with a toothpick to make sure the muffins have fully cooked and enjoy! 

Natalia is a junior at Augustana College studying biology. She hopes to become a dentist who makes the world smile brighter. When she isn't studying you can find her at the gym sweatin' or at the mall shopping for clothes she can't afford. Natalia is a pretty typical college chick who's really into motivation, health & fitness, style, food and music. Find her on instagram @talibear31!
Augustana Contributor