This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Auburn chapter.

With the beginning of another year always come New Year’s resolutions. For most of us, that means striving for happier and healthier lifestyles (besides, spring break is just around the corner!). It’s no secret that gyms are packed to the brim with people trying to burn off that extra five pounds after the holidays. So why not join the party? To make working out seem less as a chore, invite a friend along- who knows? You may actually find it to be fun! But just in case that doesn’t even get your goat, retail therapy is certainly the cure. Below is a dozen of my favorite workout essentials that are sure to keep you motivated into the New Year.

1. Longchamp Le Pliage Large Shoulder Tote: Big enough to hold all of your workout gear as you head to the gym!

2. Nike Pro Compression Printed Women’s Sports Bra: The same sports bra you love, now in an attention-getting pattern.

3. Moving Comfort Flow Crossback Tank Top: Perfect for indoor sports and yoga!

4. Lululemon Astro Pant: Designed to give you range of movement and comfort, while being stylish as well!

5. Frends Ella Earbud Headphones: Workout in style while listening to your music with these rose gold adorned earbuds.

6. Nike Free Runs: Extremely flexible, extremely lightweight, extremely fabulous.

7. Adidas by Stella McCartney Yoga Mat: Inspire your yoga practice with a two-tone mat that provides supreme stability and soft padding even during the most challenging poses!

8. Zumba Toning Sticks: Shake things up with these maraca-like toning dumbbells.

9. Anthropologie Dot-Dash Headband: Keep your hair back with this embellished, not-your-ordinary-headband!

10. Emi-Jay Pearl Hair Ties: While you’re on a roll, keep your hair healthy as well! Emi-Jays are known for being dent resistant, and less likely to break your hair.

11. Victoria’s Secret Pink Bling Yoga Shortie: Cute to the core with a comfy fold-over waist, these are a must-have for working out!

12. Lululemon Pure Balance Water Bottle: Fill ‘er up with this silicone-wrapped glass bottle that’ll keep you hydrated during your workout.

Happy New Year!

I'm twenty years old and a student at Auburn University. I love fashion, family, food, and all things fabulous!