kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Auburn chapter.

Tampons and pads are extremely expensive, and their costs can quickly add up. But, the Diva Cup is here to save the day and your money.

Periods can be a very awkward subject to speak about, but it doesn’t have to be. So, let’s talk periods. Now, I know that most women use tampons and they can actually be extremely dangerous. Toxic Shock Syndrome is a very serious illness that can develop when you leave a tampon in for too long and it can have life threatening consequences. And pads, well quite frankly they’re just bulky and can get very gross. But, what if I told you that a little silicone cup could fix all of these problems?

So, what is this little cup? Well, it’s called the Diva Cup. It’s a small silicone cup that you can use in place of tampons. All you do is fold it up and put it in like you would a tampon. Now, here’s where it gets kinda personal. Basically, what is does is it catches the blood, and at the end of the day you have to empty it. And, you can leave it in for up to 12 hours at a time.

Now, I’ve been using the Diva Cup for almost two years now and I can say that it was one of the best decisions I’ve ever made. All you pay is $30 to buy it and you don’t have to buy another one for another 3 years. You save hundreds of dollars a year, and extremely reduce your risk of Toxic Shock. And, you can’t even feel that it’s there, and it doesn’t leak. It’s also environmentally friendly. All in all, this is a wonderful product and I think every woman should invest in one.

Rachel Armstrong is a freshman at Auburn University pursuing a degree in English Literature and aspires to be a high school English teacher. Her favorite hobbies include reading, cooking, and playing video games. As a huge animal lover Rachel likes to spend her spare time volunteering at the Lee County Humane society so that she can give homeless animals the love they deserve.
Cathlene is a senior studying journalism and women's studies at Auburn University. She has been a part of Her Campus Auburn for three years and is in her first year as Campus Correspondent. When she isn't studying and working on Her Campus, she enjoys baking desserts, reading young adult fiction and watching Netflix (mainly Friends, The Office and The Great British Baking Show). Some of her favorite things include Disney, desserts and fluffy animals to cuddle. Cathlene aspires to write for a magazine once she graduates and hopefully move back to Los Angeles.