stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Five Ways to Stay Healthy This Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ASU chapter.

With the weather slowly cooling, the flu season is creeping upon us. Here is how you can stay healthy this fall:

1. Get the flu vaccine.

New flu vaccines are produced every year, to keep up with the mutating flu virus. Because no two vaccinations are the same, it’s important to be proactive in your health, and keep up with this simple yet vital vaccination. You can get this vaccine at the ASU health services building, or if you’re in a hurry, stop at your local grocery store pharmacy to get it on the spot. 

2. Exercise.

3. Stay Hydrated.  

Drinking water throughout the day provides you with a boost of energy and helps keep your skin supple.  In addition, it cleanses toxins from your body and helps your muscles and joints work better. If water is too bland for your taste, try milk, coconut water, fruit juice or iced tea!

4. Take preventative measures.

It might start out as a sniffle here or a sneeze there, but before you know it, the flu could knock you on your butt! If you feel yourself start to get sick, take over the counter medicines such as Tylenol or Ibuprofen, to try to battle the invading sickness before it completely puts you out of your element.

5. Relax!

Being stressed out constantly has negative effects on your physical as well as emotional well-being. Some negative symptoms of stress on your body include low energy, upset stomach, frequent cold and fever, among others. Try to carve out some time in your day to destress by going out for a walk, cuddling with your pet(s), putting on some music or just by watching a few episodes of your favorite TV show.

I am a current freshman majoring in Finance!
Her Campus at ASU, is proud to produce content by powerful young women for women.